The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-25-2018, 10:50 AM   #1
BDC1

1972 k10 quality restoration parts

I am ready to begin my restorative project.

I am going to use as many US made parts as possible.

They must also be quality pieces.

I am interested in opinions of manufacturers and their quality from those people who have used said products.

My first project is to replace the gas tank and also the passenger side outer door latch.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Chris
BDC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:48 AM   #2
Red71gmc

Re: 1972 k10 quality restoration parts

Brands will be known to others here. I know Precision brand for window, door moldings are known for quality. As far as dealers, GMC Pauls seems to have a good rep. for handling better quality. I personally have had good luck with Southern Kentucky Classics too for good product.
I have found the big dealers with the best web sites seem to be hit and miss in my experience. My first go around of a numerous part order was from a large dealer since I found their web site the easiest to use. About a third of the repro parts were poor quality and I just figured it was the norm. As I have now ordered from many more, that is not always true.
It's easy to spend countless hours comparing prices/shipping of many because the savings do add up on orders with numerous pieces. What I have found is saving on a wrong part will just cost me more then double when I find out there is a better made one and replace it.
The big dealer websites with the best search engines cost huge money to do so I can appreciate the cost involved but I'm finding small dealers with their less than desired web sites are actually the way to go for quality.
My two cents and that could be more than its worth.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 12:36 PM   #3
BDC1

Re: 1972 k10 quality restoration parts

Thank you.
BDC1 is offline   Reply With Quote