The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-01-2019, 11:01 AM   #1
Tad_07

Harrison A/C advise/debate

I have not started a thread with our truck yet, but its coming. I had a Harrison under the dash A/C unit in my truck and pretty sure I'm going to sell it. Two main things that I have been rolling around.

1) Sell the complete A/C system [compressor, lines, condenser, etc], so that someone can have and all "original" setup in their truck. Then how much do I ask for it since I literally haven't been able to locate any that have sold on here or anywhere else?

2) Keep the under dash unit, but gut it (just for looks thing) and install a vintage air system.

3) Possibly gut it and modify it to run a hose inside it so a vintage air system will supply air it as well...at least one vent.

Truck will be getting a LS3 later in the year and installing a vintage air system w/factory location louvers, so that is part of the debate. I could get the Harrison unit running with R-12 since I have 1/2 a 30# bottle left, but it would be coming out soon, so it would pretty much be wasted.

Pics of said unit:

Tad_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 11:14 AM   #2
engineer_gregh

Re: Harrison A/C advise/debate

If I were converting to an LS setup then I would definitely go with a modern A/C system. Just my .02 cents.
1975 K5 4x4 full convertible

Build Thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=645165

Greg Smyrna TN
engineer_gregh is offline   Reply With Quote