The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-07-2016, 08:41 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: If you had'em, would you use'em

I think the designers of these trucks had a total grasp on "flow" which resulted in a truck with aesthetics people would love...forever. Any seat GM used in these trucks looks right because everything is right with these well designed beauties.

Personally, I don't think I would mix years with seats. I like to see the basic truck appear unaltered but with subtle changes. So, I really don't care for houndstooth on anything but a Cheyenne Super/Sierra Grande. It looks great on the bucket seat that would have come in them, as if GM did what they could have done. On buddy buckets, if I wanted a custom cloth I'd go with something not associated with next of kin, but from same year car...or the fabric used on 67/68 trucks!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #27
flashed

Re: If you had'em, would you use'em

I love the BuddyBucket seat in my 72 but it was also free ,given to me by a friend .Upholstery work in my area is brutally expensive ,just not a lot of places here to do it .If I had had to buy the Buddy's I would have just had the bench seat re covered and been fine with it .Im going to try my hand at a cheap seat job on the bench in my 74 using mexican blankets .As crazy high prices for BuddyBuckets just keep going up it looks like someone would start repoping them.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote