The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2018, 05:15 PM   #25
808_67C10

Re: "Gerald" the 81 GMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGglaSS View Post
Frank, Thats what I love about this truck, it has character.

I tried Pioneer coax's, and they hit the dash pad. I may have to try the Kickers. I'm not too excited about the ones I put in. After listening for a while, they sound kind of harsh. But that little sub, just blows me away!

The box is engineered to the "T" to get the best out of it. Off the top of my head, I don't have the dimensions. But, if you give me the model # of your 12", I can help you out in designing a box specifically for that speaker. Once upon a time, I squeezed two 12s behind the seat of a Mazda pickup, so I know it will fit fine in our squares.

Meanwhile, I got Gerald running again yesterday. Wifey was running errands in my daily truck, and I needed lumber. So, I tore down the carb again, adjusted the float, and couldn't find any explanation why it was leaking. After a test run, I took it to HomeyD. Got some lumber, and did some cruising with no leaks!
Funny you mention the Mazdas... I LOVE B2200s... I have had 4-5 of them and all were BUILT - this was before I got into muscle cars then I merged my slammed trucks with muscle cars into my past 2x C10s (the 67 and now my 85).... that was my progression. LOL I had 2 12s in my single cab b22 also but the seat was way up to make it fit. I used the back wall as the back of the box and sealed the rest to it.

As for the front speakers in the c10, the 4" are a lil too big. I had JBL 3.5"s in there and they fit perfect. The pass side 4 fits fine with some trimming but the driver's side is too shallow. I dont have it in right now till I can devise a workaround. The center 3x9 is the beez kneez tho!!! it just dropped right in. I just happened to have a set of the 3x9s and tried it and it was like Christopher Columbus discovering America!
67 C/10 SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=489298
79 K5 Blazer SOLD http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=657461
808_67C10 is offline   Reply With Quote