The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-09-2014, 11:13 PM   #176
dman1982

Re: Need advice: LS ENGINE SWAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdogg View Post
Ok im getting excited its comming down to D Day but I need to confirm with all the pros out there first on all I should have ready before I begin. We will be pulling the engine this weekend and I would like to do some clean up on the firewall and front frame once its out I know I may need some tbss manifolds because mine wont clear, I have the DD mounts and my wiring harness should be in some time next week If you guys can tell me what else I should start ordering or have ready it would really help me out ! I will start posting some pics as soon as I get the party started but I cant do it with out your guys help I just basically need to know what else I need so we can keep moving. I got all next week off work so I can get alot of the work done and burn some midnight grease...thanks everyone so far you have all been so awesome !
Did you buy a harness? Or getting the one you got cut down?...fuel system? Ecu tuning? You need all your specs and what not when you get your tune...mines about road ready...gotta figure out linkage...I know we've been following each other's builds but I think I'm winning lol
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima
2009 Troy Built with a 42 Inch Deck

My LS Swap http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post6559371
dman1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #177
desertdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman1982 View Post
Did you buy a harness? Or getting the one you got cut down?...fuel system? Ecu tuning? You need all your specs and what not when you get your tune...mines about road ready...gotta figure out linkage...I know we've been following each other's builds but I think I'm winning lol
I am buying one from fuel injection connection and he will be doing my ecu.
Dennis, whats next after that engine is in home plate ? fuel system ? I know you got a kit for your lines I got to find that thread unless you can send me a link ?
Old 04-09-2014, 11:23 PM   #178
desertdogg

Quote:
..I know we've been following each other's builds but I think I'm winning lol
Dman ! haha ! you got me beat by a looong shot !
Old 04-09-2014, 11:36 PM   #179
dman1982

Quote:
I am buying one from fuel injection connection and he will be doing my ecu.
Dennis, whats next after that engine is in home plate ? fuel system ? I know you got a kit for your lines I got to find that thread unless you can send me a link ?
did you get a harness with your engine? if so i have a guy that does a good job with harnesses, as far as the fuel system, the kit was awesome, a lot of extra parts after done with it, but you still have to buy other things...i but some hard lines...just to make it easier and straight cut looking, I'm pretty sure the kit is in my thread somewhere, if not ill find it for you, what you mean by home plate? finally done?
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-09-2014, 11:37 PM   #180
dman1982

Quote:
Dman ! haha ! you got me beat by a looong shot !
maybe just a little lol
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-09-2014, 11:48 PM   #181
desertdogg

Quote:
did you get a harness with your engine? if so i have a guy that does a good job with harnesses, as far as the fuel system, the kit was awesome, a lot of extra parts after done with it, but you still have to buy other things...i but some hard lines...just to make it easier and straight cut looking, I'm pretty sure the kit is in my thread somewhere, if not ill find it for you, what you mean by home plate? finally done?
I do have my harness

Home plate as in sitting on its final resting spot.

I havent bought my harness yet but did email them saying Im ready to order waitng for him to call me tomorrow...was your guy expensive ? were all your connectors labeled ?

dont worry about it I will go back on your thread and find that fuel kit was going to look at braided fuel lines anyway but I think your route was more my budget.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #182
dman1982

Quote:
I do have my harness

Home plate as in sitting on its final resting spot.

I havent bought my harness yet but did email them saying Im ready to order waitng for him to call me tomorrow...was your guy expensive ? were all your connectors labeled ?

dont worry about it I will go back on your thread and find that fuel kit was going to look at braided fuel lines anyway but I think your route was more my budget.
the engine is in its final resting spot, but as far as upgrades i just want it to be reliable for the moment, maybe someday cam swap or something along that line, with the increase in power and better gearing I'm sure ill be happy with it for a while...

the guy i went with charged me 200 for the cut down, labeled all my connectors, and answered every little stupid question i had and then some (some questions not even related to my harness) the guy was awesome, but if you decide to try him out id hurry, he is about to hit with a lot of business, awesome guy, i will be using him again when i do my next swap...and as far as questions go he answers his phone and email but i usually called him, and if he don't answer he calls right back pretty soon, and for my tune i used LT1swap.com, that guy was pretty awesome too...he answered questions too and has fast shipping

as far as the braided lines that was way outta my budget until i got to this job at the parts store, i got everything i need to make them there, i may make a line fitting but not sure, but right now i have that option, havnt decided yet tho..
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #183
dman1982

how much was the other harness and tune gonna cost you?
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-10-2014, 12:19 AM   #184
desertdogg

Quote:
the engine is in its final resting spot, but as far as upgrades i just want it to be reliable for the moment, maybe someday cam swap or something along that line, with the increase in power and better gearing I'm sure ill be happy with it for a while...

the guy i went with charged me 200 for the cut down, labeled all my connectors, and answered every little stupid question i had and then some (some questions not even related to my harness) the guy was awesome, but if you decide to try him out id hurry, he is about to hit with a lot of business, awesome guy, i will be using him again when i do my next swap...and as far as questions go he answers his phone and email but i usually called him, and if he don't answer he calls right back pretty soon, and for my tune i used LT1swap.com, that guy was pretty awesome too...he answered questions too and has fast shipping

as far as the braided lines that was way outta my budget until i got to this job at the parts store, i got everything i need to make them there, i may make a line fitting but not sure, but right now i have that option, havnt decided yet tho..
No I meant, once my engine is on its final resting spot. I guess what Im trying to say is once I remove my old engine then drop my new engine, is the next step Fuel and fuel lines ?

As far as your wiring harness guy I would love to at least talk to the guy if you could PM me his number that would be awesome...thanks, I will check out LT1swap.com as well

how much more was it for the braided ? I gotta go back and reread your thread
Old 04-10-2014, 12:22 AM   #185
desertdogg

Quote:
$860.00
Old 04-10-2014, 12:25 AM   #186
desertdogg

Quote:
The only problem with these guys is its really hard to contact him by phone seems like emails are his best contact route...but I love his harnesses seems like he has a great product and was also recommended by BR3.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:37 AM   #187
dman1982

Quote:
No I meant, once my engine is on its final resting spot. I guess what Im trying to say is once I remove my old engine then drop my new engine, is the next step Fuel and fuel lines ?

As far as your wiring harness guy I would love to at least talk to the guy if you could PM me his number that would be awesome...thanks, I will check out LT1swap.com as well

how much more was it for the braided ? I gotta go back and reread your thread
ya i totally agree, i talked to him, i got his info from another member, but ill pm you his info, his email is in my thread somewhere, he commented on it...

as far as my build it was a lot of waiting on parts so mine might have been out of normal order so to say but still went in pretty good, also a lot of it was me being out of my comfort zone (fuel system being one) delaying the process, but after doing everything id say just do it!! don't be scared its not bad after you start doing it..you can see my threads and asked a lot of questions about everything...which helped a lot

as far as the braided line i think it was more than twice as much to do, 3 times if i had a guy do it...so ya i just used the nylon line and covered it with regular line for heat purposes
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #188
dman1982

Quote:
$860.00
holy freakin S(*$!!!! a lot of cash!!!!!!
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-10-2014, 12:40 AM   #189
desertdogg

Quote:
holy freakin S(*$!!!! a lot of cash!!!!!!
I know Im starting to rethink this
Old 04-10-2014, 12:41 AM   #190
dman1982

Quote:
The only problem with these guys is its really hard to contact him by phone seems like emails are his best contact route...but I love his harnesses seems like he has a great product and was also recommended by BR3.
for 860 bucks i better have a lifeline where i can reach him with thoughts!!!! and get replies!!! just the help that warren (aka harness guy) lol was worth it
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-10-2014, 12:49 AM   #191
desertdogg

Quote:
ya i totally agree, i talked to him, i got his info from another member, but ill pm you his info, his email is in my thread somewhere, he commented on it...

as far as my build it was a lot of waiting on parts so mine might have been out of normal order so to say but still went in pretty good, also a lot of it was me being out of my comfort zone (fuel system being one) delaying the process, but after doing everything id say just do it!! don't be scared its not bad after you start doing it..you can see my threads and asked a lot of questions about everything...which helped a lot

as far as the braided line i think it was more than twice as much to do, 3 times if i had a guy do it...so ya i just used the nylon line and covered it with regular line for heat purposes
Thanks ! maybe I can call and talk to him tomorrow... maybe save me some cash, sounds like he did a good job on yours and your saying good things about him, and those are big positives !
Old 04-10-2014, 12:55 AM   #192
dman1982

Quote:
Thanks ! maybe I can call and talk to him tomorrow... maybe save me some cash, sounds like he did a good job on yours and your saying good things about him, and those are big positives !
i just pm'd you, cash was a big deal for me, i was put over budget a bit with gears and misc stuff... but stuff like this helps out a ton!!!!!
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #193
dman1982

keep in mine if he don't call you back right that second that he is a few hours behind you, and he will call back...we are way over here on the east coast lol
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima

Old 04-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #194
desertdogg

Quote:
i just pm'd you, cash was a big deal for me, i was put over budget a bit with gears and misc stuff... but stuff like this helps out a ton!!!!!
PM,d you back thanks and yes this starts getting very expensive...I feel your pain lol !
Old 04-10-2014, 01:15 AM   #195
desertdogg

Quote:
keep in mine if he don't call you back right that second that he is a few hours behind you, and he will call back...we are way over here on the east coast lol
sending him am email too
Old 04-10-2014, 02:04 AM   #196
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

The harness portion is about $450-600 of that, depending on how its setup. For that money, the guys at FuelInjectionConnection make a damn nice harness, thats very easy to install.

I don't know about their tuning, but I assume he's supplying you an ECU for the price? When you break it down,

-125(cost of buying an ecm)
=735
-125 (tune)
=610
-550(harness)
= ~60 shipping/tax/misc

If you figure thats all estimates, but if it works out.

If any of yall are in the upper midwest, I can get ur stuff tuned locally for cheaper (but then I own your soul, so its a give/take)

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:06 AM   #197
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Quote:
I think he uses email to screen out the free-information diggers lol. When I had my order in, he included a phone number on the reciept to the shop, and I was able to get him on the phone. Its just a couple of guys in a warehouse full of wire and injectors.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 02:24 AM   #198
Chevyllac

Quote:
I dont mean to crash in on your post but Im in the beginning stages of what you guys are doing. Im getting ready to pull my 350 and replace it with a setup from an 04 tahoe. Can I please get that info on the guy wo does the harness re-wireing? Thanks
Old 04-10-2014, 10:29 AM   #199
Low Elco

Dman got it from PSI.com. Nice work, btw! One of the frontrunners in my project.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #200
dman1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Dman got it from PSI.com. Nice work, btw! One of the frontrunners in my project.
I got my tac harness from them (and just incase I got the wrong one from them again I got one from a guy on here) my engine harness got done from a guy here locally
2001-Present

84 K10
2000 trans am ws6
2011 nissan altima