The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-14-2024, 04:22 AM   #6551
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunschweiger View Post
You're so wonderfully crazy, what a weird thing.
But you're right, it puts a smile on your face.
Getting a smile back or laughing out loud is something I have missed.

Life is Good.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 04:24 AM   #6552
Grizz1963

So another

So another day of being kept busy by loads of things.
Post office runs, hour long phone calls with friends about how quiet the job market is in our industry. Listing more stuff on Marketplace and responding to dumbass questions.

So I really only got going after lunch sometime.
First job was clearing and cleaning the floor in the other part of the garage. That part nobody sees. The 5’ Drill press table and surrounding floor took quite some time as the garage vacuum hose (retired 20 years ago from household tasks) kept getting blocked at various junctions by the challenge of swarf and junk going up it.
Next job was to start cleaning shelves on more of my storage.
I have brand new truck parts, bought and collected from LMC in Kansas City, Oklahoma City and other places across the USA that are still as I had unpacked them from my baggage in 2015
Some of the biodegradable plastic bags had completely decomposed leaving piles of parts that needed vacuum cleaning. Sorting them at the same time.
This all takes time.

But I have found a lot of treasures.
I never completed the unpacking and mental inventory but it feels good, seeing stuff that will be drawn into service as the C10 restoration starts to take off again.

I am not sure which set of badges I will be using in this build.
Being a 1966 C10, Custom Cab V8 there are obviously the original versions but this is no true 100 point restoration, rather an aesthetically pleasing (TO ME, FOR MY PLEASURE ) rebuild with custom touches that appeal to me.

As always, all input, comments, advice, donations, parts, cash, drugs, help, visits to Grizz’s Garage where Grizz’s Sh17s happens are welcome and encouraged. It gets lonely down there.

Speaking of lonely……

Sally had eventually capitulated and bought herself the largest twin port Air Frier ( I still have no clue how they actually work) So she offered to do marinated chicken skewers/kebabs for us and brought them over with Pita Pockets. A bit like Meals on Wheels. Food was good and she left by 18.45 which saw me headed down to the garage again.
Having been indoors for a bit, I didn’t enjoy the cold of the garage and decided not to carry on with cleaning up.
Rather to reward myself with some “Hobby Time”
So I went to the wood store and found a 800mm length of oak.
Brought it back in and got going making another name plate or board for my shop. I had collected the parts a few years ago. Lack of mojo precluded completion. Now it felt good.
Small rewards.

Just to clarify for all the wordsmiths, linguists and spelling police out there……
The name encompasses the good, bad and ugly that happens or is part of my shop.

So Dennis always brings and collects for me, license plates at his bodyshop.

Once I got to a critical mass of Missouri State plates I could go at them with tin snips and cut out letters and numbers that gave me what I needed.

I had also rediscovered some the aluminium castings from Andy near Terlton in Oklahoma, one of my favourite places to visit on road trips. They have been mounted on the archway down the drive, outside the shop.

While doing the layout I really wanted to incorporate one of my favourite brands. And a small road trip memento.

Assembly was pretty quick with one screw up ( in my mind at least, can you see it in the final product?) and I still need to decide where and how to mount it.

Hanging from a chain, rope, propped up or screwed down.

Not yet sure.

By 19.45 it was completed and I looked around, satisfied that there was actually progress again.

TOUCH SOMETHING. MOVE SOMETHING. DO SOMETHING. ITS ALL PROGRESS.

RESULT

In the end I decided not to use this piece, from Andy’s foundry yet.

Today I will look for an appropriate place for it.

Possibly on the Chevy Tailgate bench up at the house, on the deck, where friends often congregate for a BBQ in summer.

Or possibly on the wooden arch to the shop area.

This is starting to feel like progress and success to me.

Like the MoJo is coming back bit by bit.

Long may it continue.

Life is good.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:34 AM   #6553
Grizz1963

And yesterday was a great day.

I mounted my new shop sign above the small door, and mounted the Bull**** Corner sign on the tailgate bench I made.

Met a great guy who is a builder, runs a wedding car hire business on the side. Bought some traffic lights off me that I have owned 10 years. Sold the other one years ago for what both cost me. Never mounted them as they turned out to too large. He had just bought a white black cab to add to his fleet. @£350 for a days hire, it seems like good business.

Later I kept unpacking one of my tool sheds, engine stands, cherry picker, can and body mounts live in there. Discovered some road signs that I used to have up before COVID came and the carport got built.

Thought I would list them as a joblot on marketplace and see if anyone grabbed them. They were all found in ditches, roadsides and some straightened out, cleaned etc.
Now if you look closely at what they sell for (well, are advertised for) I was very low. I contacted a guy who bought a load of toolboxes and other stuff recently and said that I was listing for £25.00 I also sent a pic. He came back and took them and a load of other stuff I knew he liked, before listing them. £95.00 squeezed out of his cold dead hands.

Random ad on FB.

Check the individual prices.

Matt got these and about 10 more large safety, warning and speed restriction signs as part of the same deal.
Helps me make space and him happy.

While I was unpacking I found a load of my favourites in a cabinet. They have gone back up in various places.

I felt it was perfect as part of this purging and Mojo returning.

By 10.00pm last night another set of new, unused vintage Halogen spotlights sold, I agreed to post them to possibly the most challenging postal address I have sent anything to. But it’s another £20.00 in the kitty which has grown to beyond £1300.00
This is crazy, and a real businessman would have had £5k from the same stuff, but overall my investment was still less than the return, and most importantly, the pleasure I have had from them….. kinda priceless.

That postal address.

Jackie Chan*
Unit Rear of aspect ducting 24
Right Side Of driveway
Co154lu

Funny how weird it feels though……

Originally I thought that if my selling off stuff I had no use for brought in £500.00 toward another vehicle purchase, to reduce the self induced guilt… I would be doing well.

Last night….

So in the mean time, I do hope that the universe will come into play and stop me, but if it doesn’t, hey…..

Happy Skinned Knuckles.

I feel the guilt.

Amazingly it is 11.30 already.

Friday.

Coffee and custard creams, then garage.

I did start on the shelves of Chevy truck parts yesterday. But it is a slow, deliberate process. Sorting out so much irrelevant items into different storage spaces and trying to keep a mental track of what I see.

Mostly, I have no clue what I have in my hands.

This will be fun.

Later.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:33 AM   #6554
Grizz1963

Don’t you just hate selling stuff?

£6.00 for a Ford Cortina prop shaft. COLLECTED.

That’s cheap if you want or need one.

But a buyer messaged, “would you post?”

I looked at his profile and he is a car guy.

So I agree to wrap it up and go post it.

I HAVE TO BE STUPID.

So half an hour and much swearing, an old bedsheet, some wallpaper and a large roll of masking tape later I have a skinny mummy.

Off to the post office 3 miles away.

Just not worth the agro, is it??

But we are car guys.

And ready to go.

Also sold a set of Sachs Madass headlights for £25.00 to be posted.

And today an Albanian wants to buy a £10.00 radio, you guessed it, posted.

Waste of my garage clearing time.

Hey ho…….,

Cash in the kitty I guess.
Old 03-16-2024, 01:45 PM   #6555
Grizz1963

Making FREE cash from junk or stashed treasure seems to have become a thing right now.

The added befit is that I am managing to clear up, clear out, sort out and organise my garage.

Some days it feels like I have nothing to show but I know there is progress.

Today saw me get stuff packed, posted and sold at the gate. The £££’s keep trickling in and that is addictive.

Everything that has gone, been advertised and sold, was surplus in one or another way.

I was up in the garage loft the other day and pulled stuff that had been sitting there for 10 or more years. Listed, sold, to be collected.

I also advertised a set of rear lights for £6.00 collected……

Got a message from a random person.

So this is what I had posted up.

Today, along with my distractions including a visit from @nickwheeler I decided to just give them a wipe down.

Of course you know that I am not going to just wipe them down.

Suddenly they were disassembled.

And the result…….

I am happy with this result.

Listed for £40.00

Lets see whether someone sees any value in them.

Prices range wildly, from £35.00 to plenty much more. Lets see if someone needs them at £40.00

Sitting with a small glass of sherry, before dinner, which always makes me enjoy dinner even more

Tomorrow has no agenda yet.

Chinese stir fry for dinner.
Old Yesterday, 04:53 AM   #6556
Grizz1963

Weekend over.

My weekend carries on though.

Progress is slow, painful but it is constant.

The main part of the garage is cleared, except for all the parts of the C10. Load bed, tailgate interior parts etc. stuff in tubs all marked meticulously 9 years ago. Not meaning a thing now.

The next part is the right half of the garage.
The L-Shape part you never see.

Today is a jackpot day for every
Pathetic nosey zoomer who loves to read the original description on the side of boxes and forensically examine my **** in order to criticise or judge. Yes this sounds really harsh but every one who does not resemble that remark is safe. The rest, zoom away.
It will be like putting out a 5000 piece puzzle on the dining room table on boxing day, with the objective of completing it by New Year.
I admittedly have a ton of trash. All mine. All my responsibility. All my problem.

So this week…..

I have to go through the shelves one at a time to try separate active C10 build parts from random fanciful stuff and then also outright junk which I may have some of.

Not much to sell here this time, but I will carry on with cleaning and clearing out unnecessary bulk.

After all, who needs six packs of brand new valve caps.

As always, any distracting visits are appreciated and encouraged so I can drink my umpteenth mug of coffee and contemplate what shelf next.
There is also a loft with stuff…… yup.

So for the ZOOOOMERS !!

YOUR PARTY STARTS HERE.

Regular visitors will know just how much has changed in this photo already.

Which leaves us here on Sunday afternoon.

The area to the left was already sorted, tidied, swept and moved around.

This lot has not.

And the rear of the garage, foot of the inverted L has more junk and truck parts. Zoooom away stalkers.

Then there is upstairs as well.

Some yard work yesterday included cleaning and repairing the shed roofs.
These sheds contain more more big tools like engine hoists, stands etc. small she is filled with firewood. Not used this year as not cold enough.

By 3.30 yesterday I had decided that I wanted to close shop, shower and head out to go play ball with Bonnie. Much nicer than rummaging and having pointless conversations with potential buyers about items that are £200-£500 new and listed for £20 collected, who then want to argue about £2 difference between post office and courier. Expecting me to do the packing, courier registration, payment and drive 3 miles to the village to drop off and then return home. Idiots abound.

I sat in the shop on my John Deere stool for about 20 minutes, just enjoying the silence and space around me.

Feeling the truck looking over my shoulder at the incoming weather.

A moment of peace.

Caused by: Touch it. Feel it. See it. Move it. All being progress.

Incoming weather passed me by in the end.

Last look at the truck before I set the alarm etc and closed shop to walk away.

Life is good.

Sometimes we just need to zoom out a bit and see the bigger picture.
Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM   #6557
Braunschweiger

The holy grail, your garage, your fine caravan is also waiting for you and the C10 is looking over your shoulder and is already impatient.

Greetings Harald

My 62 build thread
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829782
Braunschweiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:52 PM   #6558
Grizz1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunschweiger View Post
The holy grail, your garage, your fine caravan is also waiting for you and the C10 is looking over your shoulder and is already impatient.
C10 better be patient or it will become a SMEG Refrigerator ��

Remember those Mini rear lights I had, thought maybe pickup but they turned out to be for a van.

Off to Ontario, Canada, to be fitted to a V-Tec converted van.

Removed from the plinths, double wrapped, bubble wrap, box and into a padded envelope.

Going into this van once complete as the builder also builds and supplies subframes and front ends for Honda V-Tec conversions.

Pretty cool place for them to end up.

New floor going in currently.

Currently he is contactable via Facebook group as DBCOOPERS

I am really pleased it went to the right guy who will use it.

Life is good.

Last edited by Grizz1963; Yesterday at 02:47 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #6559
Grizz1963