The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-06-2020, 02:58 PM   #51
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Re: Brothers Order M.I.A. ?

There use to be a active Brothers rep on this forum. Look him up on the members list and shot him a PM.

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 04:23 PM   #52
BCOWANWHEELS

All shipments from every carrier are delayed because of covid
I BELIEVE IN JOHN 3:16
BCOWANWHEELS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:29 AM   #53
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketcase889 View Post
Here is the reply when I asked for an ETA on the items I ordered.

3 items were in stock, 2 items were back ordered (1 being the biggest item of the disc brake conversion kit/drop spindles) which I didn't know until I had paid and got my order confirmation which I think is wrong and misleading. Good thing I haven't taken the truck apart yet or I would be SOL until they sent my parts.

"Hello,

You must not have received our most current email to you we just got cleared to ship internationally we are have been unable to for the past four weeks so we are working through all of the orders in order of when they were place it could be a two weeks before we have a final shipping quote for you. the disc brake kit is also back ordered from the supplier some of the components to the disc brake kit are imported and are taking long to come in."

Not sure why they can't ship internationally. Nobody else that I've ordered from during these times has an issue. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt because I don't know.

I also don't know why they need to quote my shipping? I paid $169 flat rate... I think that should cover it plenty no? Not sure why it would change..

They also billed me 100% up front (almost $1200USD) even though sounds like it will be a 4 week delay (ordered April 29th) to ship the in stock parts, and no idea on ETA for the back ordered items.

Sucks because the sale had good prices, and the CPP kit is more money and says it won't arrive until end of June/early July. I would cancel and go with them if it seemed any better.

Sad that ECE is gone..
That is the longest one sentence crock of crap I’ve ever read.

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 06:50 PM   #54
tdangle

I have pretty good luck with Brothers. I will admit I'm local to them so I just go into their store and get what I need. It is not a big outfit, I would guess maybe 10 employees or so. There is a good possibility that shipments to them are also getting delayed and with not having a big warehouse shipments out of there are suffering.

Granted, they need to step up on customer service/communications. An email doesn't take that long.

1970 Custom Camper/C20 , GM Crate 350/7004R, Dana 60, factory AC
tdangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:30 PM   #55
Rick Bollinger

I agree sometimes stuff happens but. You should not have to wait on hold up to 45 minutes every time you call. And they should not send out a e-mail stating that your order is shipped just to find out a week later that it still has not been shipped and in fact still waiting on parts to put the kit together. With me anyway it happens every time I order from them so Im done. But on the plus side I do enjoy some of there how too video's some good info there.
Rick Bollinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 06:51 AM   #56
Basketcase889

I emailed yesterday and cancelled my order. Found a full 5 lug disc brake setup (front and rear) from a 72 local to me for $120 with new master/booster.

The quickest reply yet was to confirm they issued my refund in full which was appreciated. No hard feelings really to brothers because I know it is different times right now... they have some parts that I want that I’ve only found on their site.. so I’ll try again once this is all over..
Basketcase889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 10:00 AM   #57
dhenderz

I placed a large order ($2k) with Brothers last month. First time I have used them. Got an email confirmation they received the order and then silence for weeks, despite several emails requesting status. I did finally start to get parts, in multiple smaller shipments. Ultimately I have received parts that are damaged (inside door handles with the alum piece already fallen off inside the sealed plastic bag), inaccurate parts compared to the online description (visor brackets in gray primer v. black paint) and completely missing parts (emblems, grille trim, etc). They never responded to my email asking for these issue to be corrected. So finally, after waiting on hold for over 20mins, I did talk to someone who indicated the missing parts would be shipped out directly. That was over a week ago. Guess what, still no parts. No email with a tracking number. Nothing. Silence.

I have shifted all of my parts orders now to Classic Parts, Classic Industries, Ecklers or as a last resort LMC. All reply to emails and ship their parts out in a timely manner. I don't see going back to Brothers any time soon.
dhenderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 11:11 AM   #58
NorCalC20LWB

Add me to the list of people who are fed up with Brothers. I need rear window trim and foolishly ordered it from them over a week ago. Got the email saying they received the order and would normally ship out in a day or two. Fast forward to this week, checked their website and under "my orders" it says it has been completed and shipped. Awesome, can finally get the truck to a glass shop and get the front/rear glass installed and drive this thing after 1.5 years of being in paint hell. Emailed them yesterday just to verify this has actually shipped, and got no response. Well, just got an email that said it is in line and will PROBABLY SHIP IN 3 TO 4 DAYS. Are you effing kidding me, after their website says it already shipped??? So, I get this corona virus is messing things up, but taking two weeks to even get around to shipping the product while their website (which they encourage you to use instead of actually talking to someone) says it has shipped and is on the way.

I am done with them, it's just too bad Wes or Paul don't carry the trim, I would have ordered from them first. Just cancelled the order with Brothers and reordered from Classic.

The mayor of LA is a complete idiot, wants to keep LA county on lockdown now until there is a complete cure for covid 19, so that should be figured in. BUT, Brothers is in Corona, which is in Riverside county, next to LA county. They have no excuse for such poor performance, they are now last on my list.

Rant over (for now).
Brian
NorCalC20LWB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:15 PM   #59
BigBird05

After some bad experiences I always check parts availability before I order. It doesn't matter to me who it is. If it is out of stock or back ordered. I look else were. I have found Classic muscle out of Winston-Salem to fill my needs.
BigBird05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2021, 11:02 AM   #60
Xavier

Never again.

I ordered a tach conversion kit a few years ago when it was on sale. Several days later I get an email saying it's backordered. After a month I call in to find out how long it's going to be. I'm told they're waiting on tins and they will be in the next week. Three weeks later I've heard nothing, call in again, told they're waiting on tins from paint. Should be ready end of next week. Three more weeks go by and I call in again and this time they're waiting on circuit boards. That was enough for me so I cancelled my order.

Fast forward to early 2020 and again they're running a sale so I decided to give them another shot. April 2020 ordered, informed it was backordered via email a few days later. Over the course of NINE MONTHS I called in about the order probably 15 times. Every time the excuse was "we're waiting on x, y, or z and it will be here next week." I actually got a shipment notice in June but no tracking. Everyone glossed over that when I called in until recently. One guy said it shipped in June. I said then give me the tracking information. He couldn't because it never shipped.

Several times I was told people would call me back. Not once did I get a return call. Always forced to call and listen to their ****ty hold system for ~30 minutes on average.

I finally have tracking for the tach conversion and it supposedly is arriving this week. Again, from an order placed April 2020.

Never again.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 11:22 AM   #61
Basketcase889

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird05 View Post
After some bad experiences I always check parts availability before I order. It doesn't matter to me who it is. If it is out of stock or back ordered. I look else were. I have found Classic muscle out of Winston-Salem to fill my needs.
I ordered door panels as Brothers was the only place I could find the ones I wanted (specific '69 saddle brown panels)... Placed the order Oct 8th last year. All parts were in stock. Ordered the panels and a couple other things ($800 worth of parts) and received confirmation of my order and they said they would ship out in 1-2 days. Oct 15th, they contacted me saying they couldn't find the parts in their warehouse, and they would contact the manufacturer to see an ETA. The earliest delivery was February of this year (4 month wait). Cancelled my order on Oct 21.

Thats my second attempt at ordering from Brothers in one year.. both resulting in cancelled orders.
Basketcase889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #62
Xavier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
Never again.

I ordered a tach conversion kit a few years ago when it was on sale. Several days later I get an email saying it's backordered. After a month I call in to find out how long it's going to be. I'm told they're waiting on tins and they will be in the next week. Three weeks later I've heard nothing, call in again, told they're waiting on tins from paint. Should be ready end of next week. Three more weeks go by and I call in again and this time they're waiting on circuit boards. That was enough for me so I cancelled my order.

Fast forward to early 2020 and again they're running a sale so I decided to give them another shot. April 2020 ordered, informed it was backordered via email a few days later. Over the course of NINE MONTHS I called in about the order probably 15 times. Every time the excuse was "we're waiting on x, y, or z and it will be here next week." I actually got a shipment notice in June but no tracking. Everyone glossed over that when I called in until recently. One guy said it shipped in June. I said then give me the tracking information. He couldn't because it never shipped.

Several times I was told people would call me back. Not once did I get a return call. Always forced to call and listen to their ****ty hold system for ~30 minutes on average.

I finally have tracking for the tach conversion and it supposedly is arriving this week. Again, from an order placed April 2020.

Never again.
Update: I finally received the conversion kit the week I made the above post.

This week I received a 2nd conversion kit... Under normal circumstances I'd contact the vendor and see what they want to do with the mistakenly shipped extra item but I never want to call Brothers again. Anyone need a 5avk conversion, I have 8t in stock, lol.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #63
Redneck Rydes

Never send anything back,that is extra for all the B.S. You had to put up with,
Redneck Rydes is offline   Reply With Quote