The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Review Board > Vendor Reviews

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-26-2009, 01:47 AM   #1
colt45-2007
Don'tHateThe88

Another Long Wait With FBI

First off I'm not here to bash Fender Bender International (FBI).. I'm just sharing my story to warn future customers of their services.... Sorry to offend anyone in association with FBI or any long time customers of FBI.....

My story first starts out from March 7th of 2008. On March the 7th I got online and ordered a Brushed (Annual) FBI Membership, a steel rollpan for an 88 stepside, and an 88-98 tailgate relocator kit. The order wasn't viewed until the 11th which was no big deal. I got a call the next day from FBI stating that they were going to have to custom make the rollpan, which I was fairly certain that would have to do that anyway, and it would be about a week before I would recieve it, once again no big deal. A little over a week later I called to see what the deal was with it and they told me that they had to order th metal to fabricate it and that it hadn't come in yet but it should be there that Friday. They told me it would be next Friday before I would recieve it. So the following Friday, the 28th, still no rollpan. So once again I called them and they said they were making it as we spoke and it would be Monday April the 7th before I would get it and they were gunna include abunch of 13 inch FBI stickers, normally $3 a piece, for free... Tuesday the 8th I call again and ask what the deal is and this time they say they havent recieved the rollpan from the company they order them from.... I was under the impression that FBI themselves were making the rollpan and they never told me any different, so to this day I still don't know where it came from or who made it and if any of the stories they told me were true.... I finally recieved my rollpan, relocator kit, and no stickers on April the 15th, 39 days after I placed my order...... thats the end of story number one, now on to number two

On January 16th of this year I placed an order online for a smoothie bumper, valance, and billet bowtie for my 88. The order was viewed on the 19th and I recieved the viewing report email, on that email it said the billet bowtie was unavailable at the time. The same day I recieved a call stating that it would be a week before I would recieve my order b/c the bumper was coming from south carolina to fbi in california and then to Georgia where I live, I also got no information as to why the billet bowtie was unavailable. I waited until the next week on Friday and still no bumper and valance. I called them and they said they just got a bunch of parts in but hadn't checked them in yet and they were about to close so they would call me back Monday. Monday comes and no call from FBI... I waited until Thursday Feb. 5th and I called them back and was told that it would either arrive to them the next day or Monday and I should expect to get it the following Friday or Monday, as it takes 5 days to get from Cali to GA as they stated. I waited until this Tuesday the 24th and still nothing or no word. I called them and got their machine and I left a message with my name and number. I waited until 4 today, or 1 west coast time and they still hadn't returned my call. So I called them back and they said they would find something out and call me in 20 minutes. 3 hours and 40 minutes later they called back and the voicemail they left states.. "I was doing some digging and did not have much luck on the results. If you could give me a call back tomorrow in the morning at like 7, California time, that'd be great and ask for Mike and he should be able to give you some answers." I tried calling them right back after I missed their call and I got no answer and they still had almost 20 minutes before closing.... So here it is 37 days after I placed my order and judging by the voicemail they have no clue where it's at.

I am not posting this thread so that people will not buy from FBI, I am only voicing my story and my opinion, just think twice before you order anything from them, ask yourself if you need whatever you are going to order in a reasonable amount of time, because chances are you will not!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:09 AM   #2
colt45-2007
Don'tHateThe88

Re: Another Long Wait With FBI

Well I got in touch with FBI today and they had some bad news, they said the bumper was supposed to be in two weeks ago but the manufacturer ran into a "quality issue", meaning that the bumpers they were making weren't worth a damn, so they said it would be atleast another month before I would get the bumper, they proceded to tell me that they did have smoothie paintable bumpers and smoothie chrome with fog light bumpers in stock, but I would have to pay more money as the bumper with fog lights are more, so they make me wait over a month and don't give me what I want and now they want me to pay them more for something that I don't want? I told them I'd let them know tomorrow, I'm just gunna ask for my money back, this is ridiculous
Old 02-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
bdydrp97s10

yah they have been like that for a few years.. everybody here probably doesnt have a clue about it though becuase FBI is geared more toward mini trucks and newer model stuff, not the 67-72 chevys
Old 03-16-2009, 03:46 AM   #4
bowtieboy93

yeah my friend has had trouble everything i order is to me within 4-5 days
1991 GMC Sonoma, IROCS s10 grill
1963 Ford Galaxie 351/C4
bowtieboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
thelonerife

i always say screw me once, shame on you. screw me twice, shame on me.
thelonerife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
FRENCHBLUE72
PROJECT 7DEUCE

I am sure glad I read this.. thanks im just gonna keep ordering from grant customs...

MEMBER #6377

72 k-5 daily driver 6'' lift 35'' 350-350-205 slowly getting rust free.

Project "7DEUCE"

check out my build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=267665

Tim Powell..R.I.P EastSideLowlife..... R.I.P..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
colt45-2007
Don'tHateThe88

Well after almost a 3 month wait and still no bumper and valance I finally canceled my order and requested a refund, they didn't even want to give me a refund they wanted me to buy something else of equal value and I said no give me my money back. They said it would be a couple days before it would be back in my account, well a week later still no money. I called they said it would be in it in 48 hours... 48 hours still no money so I finally talked to someone in charge and FINALLY I got my money back. Once I got my money back I ordered a bumper and valance off of ebay on a Tuesday and the came in on Friday and are now on the truck...... I know some of you are saying why did you wait so long, well my mom died in mid March and I really just didn't care about the bumper at the time but Never again will I order anything what so ever from FBI, at first I said I didnt make this thread to bash them well I've changed my mind... FBI is by far the worst auto parts supplier that I've ever dealt with... The only good thing I have to say about them is that they are very good liars
Old 05-15-2009, 10:20 PM   #8
tekno62

If you used Visa give them a call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt45-2007 View Post
Well after almost a 3 month wait and still no bumper and valance I finally canceled my order and requested a refund, they didn't even want to give me a refund they wanted me to buy something else of equal value and I said no give me my money back. They said it would be a couple days before it would be back in my account, well a week later still no money. I called they said it would be in it in 48 hours... 48 hours still no money so I finally talked to someone in charge and FINALLY I got my money back. Once I got my money back I ordered a bumper and valance off of ebay on a Tuesday and the came in on Friday and are now on the truck...... I know some of you are saying why did you wait so long, well my mom died in mid March and I really just didn't care about the bumper at the time but Never again will I order anything what so ever from FBI, at first I said I didnt make this thread to bash them well I've changed my mind... FBI is by far the worst auto parts supplier that I've ever dealt with... The only good thing I have to say about them is that they are very good liars
tekno62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #9
ruffrida2005
Member of the longbed union.

I know this is a old thread, but I was screwed by them as well. I orderd a digital air guages from them. Well money was taken out within minutes. I called them a week later and it was on Back order, when their site said in stock. After talking to good ol' Mike he said it would be 2-3 weeks before they got some in. Well after talking to Mike for 3 months trying get my money back and hearing storys from all the guys that worked there where my money was. I gave a call to the good Ol' BBB and within a day I had a deposit in my account. I 2 will never buy from them.

88 GMC Crew Cab dually, 454/T400

64 LWB 400 HP 350/350T Bagged, under construction! Sold most of it!

92 S10 Iron Duke 5 speed, 5/7 drop for now. soon to be bagged. Sold http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...59#post4637759
ruffrida2005 is offline   Reply With Quote