The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-16-2019, 08:01 PM   #26
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: I have this wrench and on it it has these words "RiverSide"

We still have a Sears catalog store here on Whidbey Island in WA State.

Gary

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:11 PM   #27
davischevy

Our MW store was three stories. It's a furniture store now.

We still have a Sears catalogue store. For now.

I read that in the sixties Sears had the same market share that Amazon has now and squandered it because they didn't recognize the effect the net was going to have on sales of goods from brick and mortar stores to internet.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 08:21 PM   #28
72c20customcamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Our MW store was three stories. It's a furniture store now.

We still have a Sears catalogue store. For now.

I read that in the sixties Sears had the same market share that Amazon has now and squandered it because they didn't recognize the effect the net was going to have on sales of goods from brick and mortar stores to internet.
Not so much their mistake. Much more ours, ya you can order from Amazon and other places but the 4 to 5 hundred people sears or target or even Walmart employed are now on the government tit is all on us.

Were paying for cheap prices , don't complain when your taxes go up to help our displaced neighbors.
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #29
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72c20customcamper View Post
Not so much their mistake. Much more ours, ya you can order from Amazon and other places but the 4 to 5 hundred people sears or target or even Walmart employed are now on the government tit is all on us.

Were paying for cheap prices , don't complain when your taxes go up to help our displaced neighbors.
Your trying to prompt me into a political rant aren't you?

In the sixties, seventies and eighties we had a company called Mass Merchandisers here in this little Podunk town. It was the largest company of it's kind in the world in it's heyday. It was the largest employer by far in this part of the state. As the business environment changed it slowly withered away.

We still support the Sears store here, and our Wal Mart is store #2. I started a thread a couple of years ago called "Buy American". I save an American job every chance I get, but then I am afraid people like us are dinosaurs in the world of trade, and as far as the government tit, I'm afraid it's too late. Now we just wait until the tit goes dry.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #30
special-K
Special Order

It bothers me to see Sears go. Most people don't seem to care. They already shifted to Amazon. The one store I mostly went to is still open. The one in my county seat is closed. I think the only thing Sears did wrong was keep it's stores at all. Then it wouldn't have been the Sears we wanted, and what we have now is what we would have anyway. Sears did go with the internet. They always changed with the times. They stayed in business a loooong time through a lot of changes. Internet commerce itself is murder on brick & mortar itself.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #31
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
It bothers me to see Sears go. Most people don't seem to care. They already shifted to Amazon. The one store I mostly went to is still open. The one in my county seat is closed. I think the only thing Sears did wrong was keep it's stores at all. Then it wouldn't have been the Sears we wanted, and what we have now is what we would have anyway. Sears did go with the internet. They always changed with the times. They stayed in business a loooong time through a lot of changes. Internet commerce itself is murder on brick & mortar itself.
I feel about Sears as you do

The Sears and Roebuck store first opened in the city close to where I lived before moving to Idaho opened in 1947