The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-11-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
NewType72

The Great White Landshark

Well I've now hit winter and Newtype will have to hibernate and get her beauty rest for the spring shows coming so that calls for me finding a new daily driver to use while she gets prettied up so insert family heirloom here. This would be as what I call the Great White Landshark essentially a severely lowered for it's time 91 crew cab 2wd dually. Bought and built by my father back in 1991 - early 1993 as in the truck that was driving me around when I was just barely born. She's originally a 79 crew cab 1-ton dually, with the exception of a 91 (brand new at the time) Chevy front clip all Goodmark built parts interior and exterior. Heartplant would be a 454 Chevy Big Block with a degreed back agressive cam if that makes sense to everyone. Married to a Turbo 400 tranny that runs to a mean Dana-70 rear end. (not sure of gearing) Anyway She was built tough to pull the family travel trailer at the time and did very well pulling the hills and flat she didn't care she did 8-9 mpg solid back when you could afford gas it wasnt so bad. So now here she is again smog free on registration and ready to rock and roll after a 7 year hiatus. SO enjoy the pictures I'll try to sum up the build best as possible if you have any questions please feel free to ask as I'm in the process of tuning her back into daily form once more thank you - Dylan
Before....

Back in the day....

Currently....

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote