The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-26-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
54blackhornet

Moved Her Today !

Happy Holiday's to All ! I wanted to post a photo of My 50 GMC 250 one ton "Big Bolt" It is sitting on 6 modern steel one piece wheels and R19.5 Michelin Radial rubber ! Boy what a job it was to find replacement wheels and tires to just get it moved from it's resting spot that last 15 years. The original 228 was replaced by a 235 who knows when, but I have a low miles 50 303 to install to return it to full GMC specs. It was 17 in NE Oregon today when I moved her from her hibernation on to the next life....Thanks for all the fun this site brings and a Happy & Prosperous New Year to All
54blackhornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #2
OrrieG

Re: Moved Her Today !

Greetings from Boise! Can't wait for some pics. I tried working in the garage today too, but its 23 here and everything I wanted to do involved cleaning with solvent or laquer thinner, way to told on the hands.
OrrieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
mr48chev

We've got him cornered between us Orrie. So that means PHOTOS need to be posted.
I went to buy the from for my "not on this board" project and the guy who has it is in Arizona for three more months. It looks like it will be garage cleaning tomorrow if it warms up enough. I need to do some serious cleaning and moving stuff around to make every thing fit and work.
The High was 41 today.

Last edited by mr48chev; 12-26-2009 at 09:24 PM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
ya it is a classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr48chev View Post
We've got him cornered between us Orrie. So that means PHOTOS need to be posted.
I went to buy the from for my "not on this board" project and the guy who has it is in Arizona for three more months. It looks like it will be garage cleaning tomorrow if it warms up enough. I need to do some serious cleaning and moving stuff around to make every thing fit and work.
The High was 41 today.
41 thats down right hot!!!! it was -18 the other day and i was putting the gas tank in out side. right now its about 12 and i just came in from trying to get my 67 done so i can start on the 55
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
54blackhornet

Sorry for not sending the d--- photo ! I guess I forgot to hit send ? I hope you like my "Big Bolt" my first attempt at working on a bigger than usual truck. So far it has been interesting. It was cold again today aboyt 21 22 all day. Went to see the front clip off a 50 GMC big truck turned out to be off of a Chevy ? will it fit a GMC ? Any one Know for sure I could use the help, will it fit my GMC grill.............Thanks
Attached Images

54blackhornet is offline   Reply With Quote