The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 07+ Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-12-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
07silverado

2015 wiring harness

Hello,I was curious about a "fix" a dealer performed on my truck. In November 2016,my 2015 Silverado z71 was 12 months old and had less than 15,000 on it. The check engine light came on so I took it to my dealer. When hooked up,it gave out many engine and transmission codes. They told me to come back the next week for a fix. What they found was a damage wiring harness caused by it rubbing against a pump pulley.They repaired it. I thought that was a cobble job and told them I wanted a new one. They claim a new one is not available and their"fix " is adequate. I got no help from G.M. They say they do not have one. I say ...build it then !Am I right about wanting a new harness for a 45,000 dollar truck ?Thanks in advance.
07silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 08:33 PM   #2
Cali72K20

Re: 2015 wiring harness

If your truck is a HD and has dual generators, it has a TSB# 15217. The only part is a TRANS VENT HOSE STRAP part# 191528842. That part and labor only, no new harness.
Inspect TMC Harness fasteners & install fir tree tie strap.
Labor Codes 9101432 / 9101433=total of a half hour labor.
Cali72K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:47 PM   #3
gmachinz
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07silverado View Post
Hello,I was curious about a "fix" a dealer performed on my truck. In November 2016,my 2015 Silverado z71 was 12 months old and had less than 15,000 on it. The check engine light came on so I took it to my dealer. When hooked up,it gave out many engine and transmission codes. They told me to come back the next week for a fix. What they found was a damage wiring harness caused by it rubbing against a pump pulley.They repaired it. I thought that was a cobble job and told them I wanted a new one. They claim a new one is not available and their"fix " is adequate. I got no help from G.M. They say they do not have one. I say ...build it then !Am I right about wanting a new harness for a 45,000 dollar truck ?Thanks in advance.
Frustrating but typical....the harness is one big friggin engine control and GM doesn't offer "sections" of it.
gmachinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 01:08 PM   #4
GM-power

Wire repairs are very common and covered by GM. Solder it put some heat shrink on it, and put wire loom back on it harness. You'll never know there was a repair done. Yeah I work at a dealer, on the older medium dutys and all the duramaxs'. Done lots of warranty harness repairs. There's absolutely no way I can prove that an entire wiring harness needs to be replaced, just cause a small part got chafed and needs repair. So to answer your question, I can't say your wrong or right about what you want, I can't look and see the actual repair. But the truck is running properly, cause is corrected. Drive the crap out of it. Just my honest two cents.