The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1988 - 1998 GMT400 Chevy & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds 88-98

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-24-2016, 06:27 PM   #1
Aarron

project: Doghouse

So I figure I will start a project thread on my 92 ecsb. This was meant to be a daily driver project truck but after driving 2 hours to a mutual letting spot and 2 hours back things started going wrong. Once I got the truck home I went to start it again but nothing happened. I popped the hood and somehow that fixed the issue. Fast forward to two days later I am sitting in the truck with my kiddos because they wanted to rode on the "updown truck". As we are playing around all of a sudden the compressors cut off and I start smelling something burning. Turns out the power wire over heated and caught fire. Well after all is said and done I ended up only needing a new wiring kit and nothing more. Now that we are all caught up, lol, time for some pictures.
First pic is day one when all does not seem lost.
Two is after pulling the bed before the wiring was fixed.
Last for now is once it was fixed
Attached Images

Aarron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 05:35 PM   #2
Aarron

Re: project: Doghouse

So got the dash pulled today to find some seriously horrible wiring. The P.O. decided it would be a good idea to twist the wires and secure them with duct tape. I'm in for some serious headaches down the road I think lol. Anyway here is a pic.
Attached Images

Old 05-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #3
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

One of the common sayings I use that seems to apply to all trucks I end up getting, is that a lawnmower is considered a common/usable wiring tool. Every truck I get into looks like someone started up the lawn mower under the dash. Good luck cleaning up the mess. Looking forward to more on your build.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
Aarron

Thanks palf. It isn't super messed up just not really secured properly. I think when they did the engine swap they decided to get the connectors from the parts truck instead of just pulling the whole harness. Hopefully next weekend I can go find all the harnesses for the right combination and have it looking nice and working properly. The hazards go on and off randomly and you can hear the relays clicking.