The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
bmfm64

new to me 66 Burb

Ok, I bought a 66 burb for the wife. Full disclosure- I'm way more of a 67-72 guy. That being said, I don't know a lot about the ins and outs on the 60-66s.

Im trying to buy carpet for the front of the burb and am going to leave the rubber mat in the rear. No one lists a carpet kit for a Suburban- only a truck. Does the carpet kit for the truck work in the front of the suburban?

Locks- I need a lock set. I only have a key to the ignition and I want them all to match. Does anyone make a suburban lock set? I can find a 4 piece kit but can't find one with the clam shell lock in it.

Help... Please! lol.
bmfm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:28 PM   #2
65chevysub

Re: new to me 66 Burb

I have a brand new set of locks for the front doors, keys matching, if interested I bought them for my 65 burb when I had it and never used them. I think the tailgate locks are still available. I replaced mine a few years ago
65chevysub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #3
Radohound

Re: new to me 66 Burb

Congratulations on the suburban it looks nice based on the craigslist pics. There is a Sticky on the main 1960-1966 truck page called "Making keys for the 60-66 chevy trucks" hopefully it might help.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=630654

Basically everything from the back of the doors forward is the same as the truck except the seats, so the truck carpet should work except modification for the seat mounts, if they are already cut. Someone else will probably chime in if I'm mistaken. There are also differences in the transmission tunnels, high and low hump based on automatic or manual trans, but that is the same as the truck too. Your lucky if you have the original rear mat since they are extremely rare and are not reproduced, there is a thread here talking about them.

Last edited by Radohound; 07-12-2019 at 04:56 PM. Reason: link not working
Radohound is offline   Reply With Quote