The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2018, 10:28 AM   #26
Willie Makeit

Re: Anyone Done a Gen. 3 Hemi Swap on a C/10?

y'all are being trolled. and he's not even that good at it either.
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

I think you're wrong. He's been here a couple years and I see no other trolling, or close, in his posts. Trolling is usually a tendency for those who do. I think the guy just has a strong opinion against post-87 GM for his own personal reasons and isn't afraid to post it. I vowed against anything MOPAR after owning a '69 W200 40 years ago due to horrible parts support.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 11:50 AM   #28
Ziegelsteinfaust

I say skip the 5.7, and go for the big dog 6.4.

The truck engine, and a bigger cam is more carb friendly. Where the car 6.4 is a little high compression with out the electronic packages. Unless your a excellent tuner.

Adapters to Chevy trans are cheap enough, and the th350 will last long enough to save for what you rather have. Just throw in a stage 2 shift kit, and 2500rpm stall converter. The converter will help take some of the shock out to the drive line out. A higher stall helps more. Just depends on you.

As a guy who prefers a Chevy in a Chevy. A Ford in a a Ford. The Hemi has a real nice visual impact, and has enough dress up items to wow. Plus the carb intake takes care of Dodges pesky electronics which is why you never see them used.

And let's be honest here. The SBC was the original me too movement, and the LS is starting to pass it up here. There so common honda dealers have a few in stock.

I wouldn't mind have a new solid cammed Hemi in something with a cool set of cast aluminum valve covers.
Ziegelsteinfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:11 PM   #29
Willie Makeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I think you're wrong. He's been here a couple years and I see no other trolling, or close, in his posts. Trolling is usually a tendency for those who do. I think the guy just has a strong opinion against post-87 GM for his own personal reasons and isn't afraid to post it. I vowed against anything MOPAR after owning a '69 W200 40 years ago due to horrible parts support.
first off, i don't care what you think.

second, trolling has nothing to do with how long someone has been a member of a given group. Posting derogatory statements simply to get an argumentative respond is the very definition of trolling -- (go back and read my first sentence - that's trolling ).
Willie Makeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #30
special-K
Special Order

There is only one troll in this thread. I never based anything on how long he's been here. I based it on looking over his posts over that time and seeing nothing remotely close to trolling or a bad attitude, or any incongruency. The fact that has been since '16 only reinforces my assessment. Trolling is a behavioral problem and there is no pattern. Now we could look back over your posts, but let's skip that and just get back on topic.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #31
The Rocknrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 S_Trucker View Post
Those 5.7 hemis love to break valve springs and drop valves.

The only ls engines I would stay away from are 07-09 with AFM. Other than that, they are reliable.

What issues have you had with GM trucks after 87? The LS engines didn't come out in the trucks until 99.

There is a reason people are swapping LS engines into anything they will fit in(fords, dodges, imports, etc.), they are easy to get big power, reliable, and smaller.
Pesky facts.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote