The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-28-2019, 09:57 PM   #1
Skymortar

70 blazer project from Md.

Thanks for letting me come aboard.
I picked up this 70 blazer cst in october.She came with alot of parts for the build including factory replacement bedsides,eight doors,factory replacement outer rockers,two tops and on and on.My plan is to fix the usual areas with a full front and rear floors with braces from gmc pauls.I have rocker boxes cut from another truck and bought all the other jigsaw pieces.Truck had factory front posi trac so the extra 72 front differential with disc it came with will go in while I refurbish the original.First things first.I need to get the backbone in her.Has anyone done the full front floor with braces swap?Its kind of making me nervous. I hope to get help from you guys experience when I can.Thanks
Attached Images

Skymortar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 07:18 PM   #2
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 70 blazer project from Md.

Welcome aboard from another eastern shore member. Looks like a fun start. I have not done the blazer floor in a blazer yet but I just used one to put in my 68 panel truck and honestly, it was very simple. just be prepared to find a lot of spot welds that will need drilled out. If you have not already, post it up in the Blazer section https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...splay.php?f=36 . There are a lot of knowledgeable guys that love a lot of pictures and always willing to help with questions.

The main thing is to brace up all the door openings with supporting steel BEFORE you take the top loose if doing so. Without the front floor being installed there is not much support holding the windshield frame if the top is not on.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:20 PM   #3
Skymortar

Thank you for the welcome Richard.Good to hear there is some support here on the shore.Waiting on floors to come in for now.Truck came with an unbolted double wall on it and another single wall that I will be using.For now I'm going to bolt up the one on it,put the fenders on and line up the doors.After I'm happy with that I will take it to the shop and weld in braces.With putting the complete front floor with braces in I think I have an idea of how to do it.With doors braced I'm thinking using an engine hoist chained to the upper cowl fend er mounting holes and using enough lift to just stay right over the frame mounts.I think this will work but of course the truck gets a vote.I am a car painter so between me and the body techs at work I'm confident well figure it out.Pretty scary when you think about what is getting cut out all at once.Do you see any flaws in my plan?I would appreciate any input.Maybe we can do a little parts horse trading in the future.Again, thanks for the welcome.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:32 AM   #4
richard2717

If it comes out same as my panel, you will have to drop the rear of the floor down and slide it toward the rear of the Blazer to be able to disengage the front section. I made my work a little easier with the 2 post lift and having the body off of the frame just gotta make sure everything is braced good. I still have not fastened the new floor permanent yet because of A pillar work going on. You can see part of what I have been doing here in this thread. https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=491574&page=5

A lot more rust work than what I originally thought it would be so keep in mind any rust you see hides probably double that.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:03 AM   #5
Skymortar

God I hope not.LOL.I will have everything from the firewall back new
Old 01-09-2020, 01:01 PM   #6
richard2717

Any more replacing everything makes the most sense in most cases. Let me know if you need anything or want to get rid of anything.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:03 PM   #7
richard2717

Also make sure you have new mount cushions on before lining everything up. Wes out at Classic Heartbeat (and vendor here on the board) has probably the best ones you can get
Old 01-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #8
Skymortar

Ok.thanks.I have all the rear bushings.Just need the hardware and no.1 position