The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 02:05 PM   #51
67chevemall

Let em fix it
Just have faith that it won't happen again!
If it does just play insane and kill em!
Cheers

Ho HO Ho!!
Old 12-07-2004, 02:15 PM   #52
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Dale
I do all my work myself because I get nothing but bad service, garages, resturants, basically everywhere. Also, I do all my own work on my truck because I am a teacher. I teach Socia Studies in inercity Gary, In and in my spare time I teach young children with learning disabilities how to read. I hope I never do have to work for you in the future. I also believe the way a man speaks of others and the way he treats them says something of their character and I believe you showed us that.
I couldnt agree more however a beleive you are the pot calling the kettle black. In one post you tell me that you would do poor work as a big F you and then you tell me that you cant get good service anywhere? I'm saying that I ALWAYS deliver the service i advertise and that i am tired of not getting the same. I'm glad you have the time and skills to do your truck yourself. I wish i had the same abilities but i do not so i enlist the help of more qualified individuals who by your own admission dont deserve to do the work properly because why????? I'm the boss's son? I truly hope that you arent charged with the task of teaching youths about society as it seems you dont understand it yourself.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:24 PM   #53
Dick Dale
Excelsior, You Fathead.

All I am saying is that they made a mistake, offered to fix it and then do the job correctly. You went on a public site and berated them. That is the issue. If I knew someone was going to berate my work ethic and inteligence on a forum, I would be pissed and probably would not have told the truth then. Making a mistake is human error. To be mean and hateful about it is just rude. I am all for doing the job right when treated with basic human dignity. In the military, I learned a lot about doing the job right, but I also learned to not let people use you as a doormat. As for teaching youth about a society i don't understand, people make mistakes and if they fix it properly and do what they need to do to make it right, I do not believe that is wrong.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:37 PM   #54
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
All I am saying is that they made a mistake, offered to fix it and then do the job correctly. You went on a public site and berated them. That is the issue. If I knew someone was going to berate my work ethic and inteligence on a forum, I would be pissed and probably would not have told the truth then. Making a mistake is human error. To be mean and hateful about it is just rude. I am all for doing the job right when treated with basic human dignity. In the military, I learned a lot about doing the job right, but I also learned to not let people use you as a doormat. As for teaching youth about a society i don't understand, people make mistakes and if they fix it properly and do what they need to do to make it right, I do not believe that is wrong.
Well i got news for you .... chances are YOUR students belittle and insult you NON STOP (without your knowledge, same as my original post) and i would even dare to say that sometime ,someone, somewhere has posted something on some internet site about you and if that is enough for you to do poor work and feel justified then i feel sorry for your employer.
As for "you not understanding" ..... that is exactly right. You dont seem to understand because the guys who did the damage were NOT the guys who did the work and NO OFFER was EVER made to correct the mistake because the person who made it does NOT have the skills to correct it. Second, the correction of the mistake will indeed cost plenty of $ and while that $ might not directly come out of my pocket (though it enevitably will) it does come from someone who i care about and so to me its the same thing. Anytime your finshed making uneducated statements about the way you "think" things went down then feel free to stop because its becoming aparent that YOU wanted to "berate" someone who did NOTHING AT ALL to you on a "public forum" for no other reason that you dont seem to know any better and your arguement (if it can even be called that) becomes less valid and more hypocritical with each post you make.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:41 PM   #55
Dick Dale
Excelsior, You Fathead.

I think I will stop making statements before Josh kicks us both off. Good luck with your paint job and hope you are happy with the end result.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:42 PM   #56
GreyHoundSteve

Quote:
I think I will stop making statements before Josh kicks us both off. Good luck with your paint job and hope you are happy with the end result.
Thank you and best of luck to you as well.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:45 PM   #57
ChevyDude

I'm thinking if I were a moderator I would "LOCK" this post as it seems to be nothing more than a spiroling P.O.S......let it go and get your truck fixed. Jeez...GrayHound???? Hey I really hate having things screwed up too...but seems you really unleashed some bad verbage above. I truely hope you can work a way to get the truck re-painted to your satisfaction after all we all want our trucks to look as sharp as they can. Just out of my own curiousity ...of what age are you?

1971 Lil' Red 350 SBC 700R4

Last edited by ChevyDude; 12-07-2004 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:01 PM   #58
RON WOODGEARD
Resident Young Old Dude !

GreyhoundSteve,

I apoligize for my unpathetic, uncaring approach

Let me try this again....

Wow Steve,,,,, I can't believe some idiotic moron would really slip and scratch a complete new paint job !!!!!! And To then admit it !! then they had the Nerve to offer to repair it ?? we all know they will just do the job ever so crappy again.. Do they really believe you should give them the opportunity to recreate an already disasterous outcome?? I dare them !
What kind of Indigents does your father employee??? In todays Society, you should haul their Hiney's into Court and Sue for damages that they have done to your Outragious ride, and get all of the money back that they got, or did not get... I wouldn't give up until I owned their house, their cars, and their boats. I would want rights on their first born also !!!!! Oh yea, Don't forget the condo in Tahoe,, ( I'll take it man, I can use it for a snow house when the **** gets deep around here)

In Fact, I would walk right out and scratch each and everyone of their vehicles of all of those involved in the Painting procedure!! And then ask them "How they like it" ( but of course you've already thought about that one.)
' I would absolutely teach these idiotic Imbeciles a lesson.. How could they sleep at night, or even do their everyday menial duties, knowing that they actually did damage to such a fine gentlemans vehicle.

Thank you that you could share this with us,, It reminds us of the stupid individuals that are breathing our air.. I am so glad that we here on this board are Perfectionist in our everyday lives!! and no way would this happen to any of us...

I am so sorry this happened man....My heart and soul is out to you....

Now you have to throw that Cab away and start all over.. I'm willing to reach out and help you Steve... If you're not too far, I'll take the imperfect piece of Garbage off of your hands.. Well you may have to pay my gas.. but then you can charge the Idiots for that also..

Anything to help you Dude...

Reach for the Sky, cause you can't touch a cloud!!

Last edited by RON WOODGEARD; 12-07-2004 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling !!! I made a mistake.
Old 12-07-2004, 03:10 PM   #59
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

This has become nothin but a pissin match and is now closed... If one of the Admins feel it can be a productive post, they can reopen it..
Closed Thread