The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
acl

gauge troubles

A quick question, Can you test/check the plug going to the printed circuit for power. having probs with all gauges, and just wondered if getting the correct juice to each copper connector. trying to go wire by wire, gauge by gauge. All new wiring harness from classic parts, plug and go. I thought. Am adding ground extra ground wire tonight to be sure. Thanks
Gary
acl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

Re: gauge troubles

Electrics are always a tricky issue, are they all not working? or just one or two? are your dash lights working? is the prob intermitent?...could be an earth prob, also are the little copper circuit strips where the plug connects all present and straight and making contact.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:22 AM   #3
acl

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightbanger View Post
Electrics are always a tricky issue, are they all not working? or just one or two? are your dash lights working? is the prob intermitent?...could be an earth prob, also are the little copper circuit strips where the plug connects all present and straight and making contact.
My dash lights do work, It does not appear intermitent. How do I tell if all the copper is making contact. They all look straight. I can not get my temp gauge to read. have replaced it and sender is ok, it is working with a aftermarket gauge under the dash. My oil press. goes crazy and off the charts with increase in rpms, and replaced fuel sending unit and gauge and it just sits at 1/4 tank like it stuck but it is not. Its driving me nuts. ( I know short trip) Gary
acl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
eightbanger
454 MAKES IT ROAR

If you changed your sender unit in thy tank did you make sure it was for your engine size, also on the back of the gas gauge ther are litte white blocks called resistors these usually need changing to a larger size if you got the wrong sender. The temp gauge could just have had it and your oil presure is obviously picking up interferance from your engine I can only sugest an earth prob there, but I may be wrong. Try the search funtion for more help with this as it has been well covered in previous posts, it helped me with my gas gauge problem.

An American living in a British body.

1971 Chevy Cheyenne 10 454

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty" - Thomas Jefferson

No more pain.
03.12.60 -- 12.28.10

http://www.youtube.com/Eightbanger
eightbanger is offline   Reply With Quote