The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
64 wedge

The widow

One night in December I was surfing the interweb and I came across this girl that had lost her owner. She had worked on the farm for many years before she retired and moved into the barn. Her owner bought her new in 66 and taken care of her pretty good through the years but she always stayed on the farm playing in the mud and fields. 20 years of work does take a toll on your body and she showed it so her owner gave her some new makeup for her to look pretty again but in the 70's that what you did when the old girl looked bad. She stayed in the barn for almost 30 years until her owner died.Name:  66 001.jpg
Views: 645
Size:  59.7 KB

Name:  66 003.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  74.2 KB

Name:  66 005.jpg
Views: 674
Size:  66.5 KB I went on a blind date with her and ended up bringing her home to stay for awhile (the wife was not to happy but that is another chapter). She has only 20 thousand miles on her so she is pretty tight in alot of places but worn in others. Being in the barn had helped alot with no weather getting to her. She had not run in 28 years so that was the first order to take care of, went through all the fluids and some of the wiring, pulled the tank and cleaned it out but sending unit was bad. Orderd a new one and got everything back together and she was running (it was alive again)! Now it was time to adress her stopping (none) so I put all new lines, wheel cylinders and a master cylinder in. She moves good and will lock all 4 tires up.Name:  66 1 003.jpg
Views: 668
Size:  60.7 KB It is a 283 with 3 on the tree that runs very good and smooth after I rebuilt the carb. She came with some extras from the factory bumper guards, cab lights and a factory gm spotlight. She had all her paperwork with it( build sheet, manual that has been wrapped in plastic so it is like brand new). She does need alot of work but I think she might stay around for a while, it will be a driver for awhile then I will see if I want to go all the way with her!! After all she is a widow and I want to take my time.
64 wedge is offline   Reply With Quote