The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2017, 12:48 AM   #1
Mullins72Custom

Question Reviving my 72- NEED ADVICE

I appreciate all you guys so much for all the helpful advice that I figured I would reach out to yall for help. Current situation- Im graduating grad school in Dec and I plan to be able to get my 72 c10 running when additional funds are available. I originally had a turbo 350 transmission but the prior owner had placed a lower geared rear end in the truck. So, as you can expect I couldn't hear my father talking at 50 mph and him sitting next to me riding.
I arranged a transmission swap out for a 700r. Long story short it apparently wasn't installed correctly and burned up. Now I sit with a motor outside the truck, while getting the fire wall repainted, repainting the motor/new valve covers ect.

Im tempted to go with an LS swap but have no clue how much money I would be running into, motor/transmission/wiring harness installed and all. And would I need a lower geared rear end with a LS swap? Any and all advice would be great.
Mullins72Custom is offline   Reply With Quote