The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 02-21-2024, 03:43 PM   #76
PuzzleTruck
Puzzle Solver

Re: '59 4x4 Build

More pics:
Attached Images

'59 Stepside w/ '55 front clip, on '79 Blazer 4x4
with LQ4 and 4L60E
'66 Corvair Mid-engine EFI 350
My truck build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=832276
PuzzleTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 10:32 PM   #77
jerry moss
Born Psycho

Thumbs up Re: '59 4x4 Build

you're doing a great job so far, keep up the good work. the only thing i see that will be a problem for you is the hanger set up on the mufflers (maybe they are only temporary) they need support on the back end. i may be out of line by mentioning it and if you already have a fix figured out, I apologize, it's just that i've worked in a muffler shop almost 40 years and they will break without support out there.
69 suburban K20-tilt,tach,vacuum,speedwarning,buckets,shoulder belts,am/fm,4 inch all spring lift,4 speed, 14 bolt full floater, dana 44 HD,warn winch,posi front and rear,tow hooks,plus other goodies.
73/80 chevy/gmc K20 SB400,turbo 400,205,tilt,a-c,gas hog.
77 K/5 cheyenne blazer-daily driver/beater. SON HAS IT NOW
BRENTWOOD,CALIFORNIA
jerry moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 02:42 AM   #78
PuzzleTruck
Puzzle Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry moss View Post
you're doing a great job so far, keep up the good work. the only thing i see that will be a problem for you is the hanger set up on the mufflers (maybe they are only temporary) they need support on the back end. i may be out of line by mentioning it and if you already have a fix figured out, I apologize, it's just that i've worked in a muffler shop almost 40 years and they will break without support out there.
Hi Jerry, I appreciate the feedback! The back end of the mufflers have a mount with a threaded hole. They will attach to the step support when I get the bed and steps on the frame. I’m thinking ahead like you! Should be pretty sturdy then.

with LQ4 and 4L60E
Old 04-21-2024, 09:57 PM   #79
PuzzleTruck
Puzzle Solver

Finally got the doors, front fenders and hood fit together.
Attached Images

with LQ4 and 4L60E
Old 04-21-2024, 10:15 PM   #80
PuzzleTruck
Puzzle Solver

This past week was an eventful one. On Monday, the guy who's helping me prep for paint, put the fenders, inner fenders, and radiator support in the bed of his 2019 Tacoma and took them to his house. He didn't take them out right away, and that night his truck got stolen from in front of his house. Apparently he dropped his key, or may have left it in the console. (I don't like push-button start, because you don't have to physically take the key out to shut it off.) We were both devastated. He lost his truck, and means of working, and I lost the impossible to find fenders I had just spent the last month restoring.

The next day we didn't work on the truck, but the following day he showed up in my driveway in his truck with the fenders in the back! He explained that after he reported it stolen, police had his plate# and a cruiser got behind his truck, noticed an expired sticker and called it in. Lights went on and they trapped the thieves in a cul-de-sac after a short chase. What a relief to get everything back!!

After that, work continued as scheduled, albeit one day behind. He came over on Saturday to make up for it. We got the cab in 4 coats of high build primer and will begin blocking after a week cure time. I'm getting pretty exited, as the truck is really taking shape. I took the tires off the wheels to blast and repaint them. I will use the same white on the wheels, grill, and roof. Then it's on to wiring, finishing brake lines, shift linkage, etc.

with LQ4 and 4L60E

Last edited by PuzzleTruck; 04-21-2024 at 10:23 PM. Reason: punctuation errors
Old 04-22-2024, 08:42 AM   #81
57FleetsideC4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzleTruck View Post
This past week was an eventful one. On Monday, the guy who's helping me prep for paint, put the fenders, inner fenders, and radiator support in the bed of his 2019 Tacoma and took them to his house. He didn't take them out right away, and that night his truck got stolen from in front of his house. Apparently he dropped his key, or may have left it in the console. (I don't like push-button start, because you don't have to physically take the key out to shut it off.) We were both devastated. He lost his truck, and means of working, and I lost the impossible to find fenders I had just spent the last month restoring.

The next day we didn't work on the truck, but the following day he showed up in my driveway in his truck with the fenders in the back! He explained that after he reported it stolen, police had his plate# and a cruiser got behind his truck, noticed an expired sticker and called it in. Lights went on and they trapped the thieves in a cul-de-sac after a short chase. What a relief to get everything back!!

After that, work continued as scheduled, albeit one day behind. He came over on Saturday to make up for it. We got the cab in 4 coats of high build primer and will begin blocking after a week cure time. I'm getting pretty exited, as the truck is really taking shape. I took the tires off the wheels to blast and repaint them. I will use the same white on the wheels, grill, and roof. Then it's on to wiring, finishing brake lines, shift linkage, etc.
Wow so happy to hear you got your panels back. That would nave been horrible to start over on those. Nice progress and how will you paint the cab? some type of scaffolding? Steve