The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-31-2016, 07:44 AM   #13
edgooch

Re: 8.1L and 4L85e swap into a 1972 Custom Camper 4WD

I hit a couple of snags. I managed to get the truck running and was able to see the potential it has. However it was plagued with electrical problems. I have almost no experience in automotive wiring, but for some reason decided to rewire the chassis and dash at the same time that I installed a complete new aftermarket A/C system AND converted the truck to a modern computer controlled vehicle. The four systems weren't designed to go together so I had to figure out how to mate then. That task proved to be over my head. My son, who lives in Alaska, is a wiring wizard, with years of experience. I also had a vacuum leak in the engine that i couldn't diagnose until the electrical problems were resolved. So, my son now has the truck in Alaska. He plans to have it running next spring. I am not sure if he will participate in this forum.