The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 03-07-2015, 12:42 AM   #26
Advanced Design

Re: Interior Forum

An interior or a custom interior forum would be very useful for organizing or finding interior related topics. While initial thoughts of interiors might be truck year specific, I have been able to stumble across interior related ideas in various model forums to help my knowledge base and are applicable to my current 1948 Suburban build.

One current example is the tutorial Jim is sharing on making door panels...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=662380. This should be located in an interior forum. Additionally, questions on how to or where to buy materials, carpet, seats, seat belts, paint finish, etc would likely be shared here benefitting the membership at large. I would see this as an addition to the general truck forums for suspension, paint, and audio.

Just one additional thought as an aside. This is the most enjoyable forum I am or have been a member of. The culture is positive, there is a fairly large nucleus of committed, and knowledgable truck enthusiasts and the drama is non-existant. Plus the vendor support and participation is exceptional. Well done!
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:50 AM   #27
special-K
Special Order

No drama, huh? Keep your sugar to yourself. We don't want to hear it!*

* >>> I AM MOST DEFINITELY ONLY KIDDING!!! <<<

I wish I never came here. I'm afraid I'll never see what the rest of the internet looks like . Just having a forum to discuss ways we might improve this place puts this site way way up there. You've made great points to support this idea. There certainly are non-original to the year interior methods to be taught and learned here. The more info we share the better ideas we will see completed on members' trucks. Seats from whatever can be torn down to the frames, frames altered, them built back as whatever is desired...if you know how. Even if a member can do the metal fab on the frame and couldn't sew a patch on the knee of their jeans, they would have something to carry to the upholstery shop to be completed. I'm sure there's much more to benefit us from such a forum.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:50 PM   #28
flashed

I went to a show /swapmeet today and I was asked more about the interior mods and my BuddyBucket seats more than anything else on my truck and made some good cash too .But I think lots more folks would like to learn more about interior stuff .Heck ,I didnt know what a BuddyBucket was until I landed here .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:16 AM   #29
aggie91
I'm just glad to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman3 View Post
I'm not sure were I'm at right now, but I got here from a link that Aggie91 posted on my thread on "how to do door panels". I really think an Interior forum would be great, it doesn't have to be year specific, it could be a place that members could show interiors or show how to do parts of an interior. Just my .02 cents worth...Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
An interior or a custom interior forum would be very useful for organizing or finding interior related topics. While initial thoughts of interiors might be truck year specific, I have been able to stumble across interior related ideas in various model forums to help my knowledge base and are applicable to my current 1948 Suburban build.

One current example is the tutorial Jim is sharing on making door panels...http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=662380. This should be located in an interior forum. Additionally, questions on how to or where to buy materials, carpet, seats, seat belts, paint finish, etc would likely be shared here benefitting the membership at large. I would see this as an addition to the general truck forums for suspension, paint, and audio.

Just one additional thought as an aside. This is the most enjoyable forum I am or have been a member of. The culture is positive, there is a fairly large nucleus of committed, and knowledgable truck enthusiasts and the drama is non-existant. Plus the vendor support and participation is exceptional. Well done!
Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
No drama, huh? Keep your sugar to yourself. We don't want to hear it!*

* >>> I AM MOST DEFINITELY ONLY KIDDING!!! <<<

I wish I never came here. I'm afraid I'll never see what the rest of the internet looks like . Just having a forum to discuss ways we might improve this place puts this site way way up there. You've made great points to support this idea. There certainly are non-original to the year interior methods to be taught and learned here. The more info we share the better ideas we will see completed on members' trucks. Seats from whatever can be torn down to the frames, frames altered, them built back as whatever is desired...if you know how. Even if a member can do the metal fab on the frame and couldn't sew a patch on the knee of their jeans, they would have something to carry to the upholstery shop to be completed. I'm sure there's much more to benefit us from such a forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
I went to a show /swapmeet today and I was asked more about the interior mods and my BuddyBucket seats more than anything else on my truck and made some good cash too .But I think lots more folks would like to learn more about interior stuff .Heck ,I didnt know what a BuddyBucket was until I landed here .
Thanks for your support on this idea.

1965 Chevy Stepside(Grandpa's Old Blue) and (July 2015 Shop Build!)(2020, the Saga Continues)
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=372424

The LST Challenge:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post7812257

Korbin's 1st Square: "Sunburn"
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=418618

1985 GMC Sierra: "White Trash", Korbin's 2nd now...
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=632305

Henry - 1984 Chevrolet, Owen's 1st Square
aggie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 04:39 PM   #30
70 shop truck

I'm just starting to redo my complete interior and I'm wearing the search function out at the top of the page. It would be great to have a forum for interiors so I can spend my time looking a relevant posts for the questions I have and finding answers to questions I don't have yet. I really can't afford to do things twice on this build by making new guy mistakes. As for folks using them, I will be honest and tell you I will use this while I'm on this project and then move on to my next and might not come back until something breaks or I want to upgrade. I want to thank all of you who are working this as it really helps out new folks like me who are doing are first truck. This whole site has been invaluable to me and the people are great and so ready to help in any way they can.

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." Unknown
70 shop truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 08:21 PM   #31
flashed

Im getting ready to do some interior work on my 74 so I will also be using some search time .
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #32
swamp rat

I like the interior forum idea too.

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:14 AM   #33
WE B CRUZN

Yuppers im up for it a section for interior's is a great idea how parts are done if it's OEM or Custom shouldn't matter if its in the same area. There are a lot of things to learn from that can be used on different years like making a head liner or the back panel for the cab for instance, it gets posted for a 67 but you can do it the same way for a 87 .
WE B CRUZN is offline   Reply With Quote