The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #26
special-K
Special Order

Re: Do guys mean this, or is it just a thing they say?

Here on the site people post "I'll take it" just to secure the first in line spot while the guy who posted "I'm interested pending shipping quote to..." or the one who says "I'd like to buy it but can you post a picture?" gets trumped. Then the jack rabbit gets the shipping quote or sees the picture the other member requested and they find a reason to drop out.

A wise salesman will wait to make an appointment until both parties can be present.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #27
mikebte

I have found that it is far easier to ask for permission than forgiveness. Guess how I figured that out?
But seriously, a good team communicates and always runs large purchased by each other and I share my finances with my wife and we try to make good choices on how our money is spent. As mine is spend on car parts it is usually best for me to talk it over.
mikebte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #28
hotsam

I'm the boss of my house... I make the rules... She does what I say.... Oh crap !!!! Gotta get off here guys she just came home and suppers not ready !!!!!😵😵😆😆😆
No seriously I have the most amazing wife !!! She LETS me do whatever I want😏 I dont deserve her....
1955 2 door 210 post
hotsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #29
special-K
Special Order

I'm single, so I have to get someone else's wife's permission.

If I get an ok, then I have to use my "found one local" excuse not to buy

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 12-16-2018, 12:45 PM   #30
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsam View Post
I'm the boss of my house... I make the rules... She does what I say.... Oh crap !!!! Gotta get off here guys she just came home and suppers not ready !!!!!😵😵😆😆😆
No seriously I have the most amazing wife !!! She LETS me do whatever I want😏 I dont deserve her....
Ha, your not fooling us, your wife reads this stuff don't she?

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #31
hotsam

She wrote the last part while I was recovering from the frying pan incedent... The reaction to reading the first part...🤪😴hahaha!!!
1955 2 door 210 post
Old 12-16-2018, 01:00 PM   #32
davischevy

If special-K says 44 more things, he will have 67,000 posts.

Hey other Larry, I didn't realize that. Guess I'll start posting in yours to keep it down. Want to see a picture?
Attached Images

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.

Last edited by special-K; 12-16-2018 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 01:04 PM   #33
flashed

My wife never questioned what I bought at all , my sanity was another thing altogether , I sure do miss her but life goes on . Now I buy every truck I can , 3 this week.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 01:25 PM   #34
hotsam

True ! I’ll catch him soon !! Haha.. This thread reminded me of something that happened to me a couple years ago. My wife and I decided to buy an older CJ Jeep that I would restore to a good Dependable driver and use on our farm and for what a Jeep was made to do. Our driveway is over 1/4 mile long and gets pretty nasty at times. Plus she was just wanting a CJ... I had texted and spoke with a man that had one in “GREAT” shape. I was hesitant to buy a CJ5 as I have had a few and they can be a little dangerous at times but we went to check this one out anyway. It was in terrible shape but had been masked to look good from a distance or to someone that didn’t know what to look for. The frame was completely toast EVERYWHERE !!! I walked over to speak to my wife and let her know we were splitting then walked to him to let him know we would pass and it was falsely advertised as “Great shape”. We had drove a way to see it. He got so angry. He got on Craigslist and revised his post to say don’t bring your wife if she won’t let you buy it. Ask her first before wasting my time... I NEVER reply or acknowledge such stupidity but This once I reacted. I called him and we had a not so nice heart to heart about his actions and the piece of trash he was trying to pawn on some poor soul. Then I sent him a pic of all of my hotrods, motorcycles, and toys lined up in a line with the nice CJ7 I bought for her the day after we looked at his garbage right in the front of it all. It stated “Too bad she holds the cards”... Waaaaaay out of character for me but that once I couldn’t resist..
1955 2 door 210 post
Old 12-16-2018, 01:29 PM   #35
hotsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
My wife never questioned what I bought at all , my sanity was another thing altogether , I sure do miss her but life goes on . Now I buy every truck I can , 3 this week.
Couldn’t imagine man.... Hope your doing well ! I’m pretty sure my wife locked in her opinion about my sanity years ago !!!
1955 2 door 210 post
Old 12-16-2018, 07:24 PM   #36
slowcpe

We split household expenses but keep separate accounts. Her only “rule” is it has to stay in the garage. I do run big purchases by her but for the most part it’s my decision. Same goes for her. She buys a lot of stuff I don’t agree with but I’m smart enough to keep my mouth shut

I got a lot of heat when I bought the ‘72 but she understood once I got the truck on the road. I do fib when it comes to the price of parts.

The worst conversation we had was a couple of months ago when I bought a ‘67 parts truck without telling her and I didn’t have room to put it in the garage. My saving grace was I had a fire sale on the way home the night I bought it and had all the parts I didn’t need gone by the next weekend. She was fine with that.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:14 PM   #37
The Rocknrod

People say that when they second guess themselves after they look at an item. It's easier than saying - I changed my mind, or I wasn't sure when I came over here anyway.
The Rocknrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:09 PM   #38
davischevy

I bought a rear differential off a relatively new board member. I agreed to take it at his price but he must have sold it locally or privately to a board member for more money, but anyway instead of telling me the truth, he gave me every excuse in the book for not being home so I could pick it up.

Told me he had church service, vacation, relatives and I think hemorrhoid surgery and the last was vacation. I asked when he would be home from vacation.

Now I couldn't stop screwing with him so I said great I'll be at your house the next day early.

He never responded, but I'll bet he had a nervous week wondering If I would show up.

Old 12-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #39
leddzepp

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
hemorrhoid surgery
OK, who was it?

1968 C/10 50th Anniversary LWB. Unrestored, stock, daily driver/work truck.

RIP ElJay
RIP 67ChevyRedneck
RIP Grumpy Old Man
leddzepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:58 PM   #40
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leddzepp View Post
OK, who was it?
I'm over it. After dealing with me he won't likely make that mistake again. If he does I will be glad to post it. Thanks for asking though.

Old 12-17-2018, 08:56 AM   #41
special-K
Special Order

C'mon, tell us. We just want to know who to start calling 'Roid.

Tim

Old 12-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #42
joedoh

I think guys that say that they had to ask the wife fall into two categories,

1. guys who speak in cliches, everything they say is a mismash of things they have heard. they are trying to be witty, when its just the same old tired joke.

2. guys who have no impulse control. I buy whatever I want whenever I want because I would never spend an inordinate amount of money on stuff just for me and more importantly, I would never put any other finance in jeopardy just because I WANT something. but there are guys out there who would. my wife trusts me on these things after DECADES of doing the right thing. but there are guys out there that will spend bill and rent and mortgage and even borrow what they dont have to buy things they will probably never even use. which brings me to 2a, guys who have a track record of getting excited about something in the buying phase and that excitement peters out when it comes time to assemble. the wife is probably tired of 20 half started and never done projects floating around.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #43
72c20customcamper

The Man Song https://g.co/kgs/h5cmnB

Enough said ....
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 02:59 PM   #44
Low Elco

She is on salary and makes a hair more than I do on straight money. She "controls the purse". This is why we have 790 credit, last time I checked. However, on the direct deposit, I'll work one straight 40 pay period and that's my number. So her straight money and my straight money are all in. Anything over the number goes to me. Bonuses, overtime, side hustle, wheelin and dealin are mine. My hobbies/lifestyle have never touched the house, and I don't have to crawl to her anytime I wanna buy a book off amazon. I have my own savings/cc. Plus, I bought both kids cars out of the hotrod money, and usually handle emergencies out of it as well.
Low Elco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 07:02 PM   #45
SarCol18

OMG , what I have read. People are different and for some family situation can be normally but for another one - not. Only common discussions help.
SarCol18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:53 PM   #46
abig84

I think I’ve said it but just to be funny. I been married for 5 years, we have separate bank accounts and waste money on crap all the time. We split the bills, major home improvements are split or payed for by one depending on who wants it more. She paid for the attached garage to be redone and I paid for the crawl space to be concreted

It just works. If I went out and bought a k5 blazer tomorrow I wouldn’t get any crap for it other then “where are you gonna park that thing”
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:03 PM   #47
hotsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by abig84 View Post
It just works. If I went out and bought a k5 blazer tomorrow I wouldn’t get any crap for it other then “where are you gonna park that thing”
So got any pics of the new blazer ?? Haha!! Now Ive gotta go tell my wife Im looking for a K5 I recently got a hankering to have....... Thanks��
1955 2 door 210 post
Old 12-24-2018, 02:28 AM   #48
cornerstone

I see it every day, I'm in the retail business of furniture. (For the most part) the women do the shopping and very few say " I need to ask my husband ". If its what they like at a fair price they will buy it. Most of the men that come in the store will say "I gotta run it by the wife", unless of course they are recently divorced. In which case they usually want you to know that for some reason, I guess to let you know they only want something for its usefulness, because they tend to buy only what gets the job done with basically no regard for how the piece looks.
Now I suppose I would see a different side of it if I was in the truck parts business. Probably the direct opposite.
I do have responsible male friends that earn the households money and hand over the check and get an allowance. I can't fathom how they hold their head up personally. These guys say "I'll see if I can get the money" and I cringe.
In my house I earn all the money, because my wife and I chose to home school our 3 kids (she is a certified teacher), 1 of which is still in high school so she still is focusing on his education. I pay all the bills and we have one personal account that we both have full access to. I don't see how a married couple could make it any other way. Whats mine is hers and vice versa, I realize that we are not the typical family these days and to each his own. I believe that keeping up with the Jones' has taken priority over more important things. Our first three years of marriage she made more money than I did. Then we wanted a family and decided that we would live within whatever I could muster up.
OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote