The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > S10 S15 Luv Blazer

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
IIGW

1985 S-Blazer in Az

I don’t like new vehicles. I’d much rather put a new drivetrain into an older vehicle and drive it until the wheels fall off.

During my second afghan tour, I wanted to get into something with that pro-street look and feel. I had a small budget and wanted something I could drive across country, or to the local hang out and have a cool looking ride.

Now I’m not new into customs, or radical toys, but on this build I wanted something mild mannered, but looked like it was able to pull off an 8 sec quarter mile time. Something I could cruise across country or the wife could drive it to the grocery store.

So after my budget was set, I needed a good complete, very minor body work needed, vehicle to build.

So after my missions and on down time I scoured craigslist. I love me some old cars, the older the better, but that wouldn’t fit right into my budget. Most old cars are 4 lug, or drum brakes, or rusty, front ends need rebuilt, the list goes on and on and really soaks up lots of money in the end.

Then one day, I saw it, a 100% complete 1985 S-Blazer, for a mere $200 dollars. I got on the phone and called the owner right away, waking him up at about 3 am due to me not thinking of the time change being on the other side of the world. Of course I apologized, and told him I’d be back in the usa in less than 45 days and id paypal him the cash, and get it towed from his place. He told me no one has even called on it, and he’d keep it at his place until I came home and bought it from him. So one day I pulled up to his house with a trailer, and he had the title signed and he gave me the truck for no money. He said selling a truck to a service member while overseas and then meeting that person in person was the coolest thing he’s ever had happen.

That being said, I’d like to introduce my little s-blazer.
IIGW is offline   Reply With Quote