The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2012, 06:41 PM   #1
68Stepbed

Project: LS1ick68

First off, let me explain the cheesy name. On every other message forum I'm on and in my email, my username is Slick68. I came up with that name because everyone always told me how slick my truck is/was.

Anyway, the 350 in my 68 is bad and needs replaced. I searched several options and finally found this LS1 from an 02 Camaro from board member, FunkyTechMonkey. It has 40,000 approx. miles on it and it has a Texas Speed MS3 cam installed. I'm afraid the cam will be too big for my purposes, so it will be changed to something a bit more tame. The MS3 cam requires a 3500-3800 stall converter, so I'll get something I can run with about a 2200 stall speed.

As of now, this will be bolted to my current TH350 trans with a 3.07 gear. I'm going to run a carb on it for simplicity. I plan to install the Edelbrock Performer RPM dual plane intake, MSD 6010 ignition control box, and a Holley 670 Street Avenger carb. I also plan to relocate the coil packs and mount the engine as rearward as possible. I'll more than likely run headers of some sort when I can find what I want for a "reasonable" price. Wow, LS headers are pricey!! But, by the time I get some exhaust manifolds, clean them up and have them coated, I'll be close to the same money.

I'm sure I'll explain more as this thread continues, so here's the pics I have as of now. Not much, but I'll add more as I have something more to show.

Unloading from the truck.

Makeshift stand until I found some metric bolts to mount it to the engine stand.

Finally on the stand.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote