The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-17-2020, 09:20 AM   #1
Zippi

*What Are The Odds*

I picked up my brother in-law yesterday morning (51 degrees) and we headed to a car show at our local 4-H Center. About a 25 min drive for me to pick up my brother in-law and then 10 min back to the 4-H Center. The sun was out and very little wind so it turned out to be not to bad once the temperature got up to 61 degrees. Anyway..... a fellow walks up and starts asking questions about my 49 as he had a 53 setting on the other side of the fair grounds. During our conversation I find out that this fellow is from the same area where I bought my 49 about a year ago and he knows the guy I bought my truck from. He even knew the name of the road he lives on which is out in the middle of nowhere. My 49 was located 2 1/2 hours away from where I live so what are the odds of meeting this guy in my town. You just never know who you'll meet when to go to car shows.
Zippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #2
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: *What Are The Odds*

Great Story ..I have met and talked with a lot of good folks at car shows and found that we knew a lot about where we were raised at or who we each knew ..it's always fun to learn about where your old truck was raised too.
Old 10-17-2020, 10:20 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

That is a great story. It's neat how people can know a vehicle just like a person. "Hey, I know that car". I have had similar experiences recognizing vehicles I've known from another time and other place. I remember one car I sold to a guy in another county to the east. I saw it through the woods from the road driving by, so I knew that was where the guy lived. Then a few years later I'm to the west in another county on a back road and there it is beside a house. I saw it there for a while and never stopped to talk to the owner. Then it was gone. More years pass and I see it in VA even farther away. I had a few chances to try to buy it back but never stopped.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #4
geezer#99

I was at a big car show and was wandering about when I overheard my name mentioned in a group of people.
Practical joker mode kicked in and I said, Hey! I know him!
The one woman asked what he looked like. So I described myself. Said he was tall as me, had similar hair, an awesome moustache kinda like mine, was wearing a tee, sweats and shoes like mine. Pretty well like my twin or doppelgänger. After a few minutes you could see the light bulb over her head get brighter. She finally caught on! Hey, it’s you!
She was married to a guy I went to school with and hadn’t seen for 20 years. With a couple thousand people there it was 1 chance in a million.
Turns out he was driving a 57 F.I. Bel air. We had chevy’s in common. I had a 56 bel air at the time.
‘‘Tis a small world!
geezer#99 is offline   Reply With Quote