The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #1

Rebuilding Vent Windows, How To...

I decided to rebuild my vent windows on my 84 GMC due to excessive wind noise and window rattle. I ordered all new door rubber for my truck from Classic Truck Parts in Kansas City, Missouri. Shipping and tax included, it was $140 to my door. This included a package of rivets and the rivet setting tool.

I completed the drivers side first and it took me about 4 hours total from start to finish. I imagine I will be able to complete the passenger side in 2 hours or so now that I know exactly how it has to be done. The quality and fit of the product is near perfect and I am very satisfied with it.

I will be taking pictures and notes when I do the passenger side this weekend and will be putting together a how to with pictures of each step from start to finish. There are quite a few steps involved, and getting the vent window rubber seated was the toughest part of the project. If you are somewhat mechanically inclined, you should be able to complete this with no problems. Patience is key when doing this.

Please be patient with me and I will have this tutorial and part numbers posted this weekend.

1984 GMC Sierra Classic-1/2 ton-SWB (R.I.P.)
1986 GMC Suburban 3/4 ton 4x4
2014 GMC Sierra LTZ Z-71 Crew SWB
1425956 is offline   Reply With Quote