The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #51
brad_man_72
the boat guy

Re: What have you done thats really sucked!!!

im just going to tell you the most recent reason im kicking my own butt.
the last few months a buddy needed to sell a complete 5.3 for a smoking good price, you know i never had the money......
monday truck makes an evil noise, today i find THIS.. my 3 piece crankshaft, now i get to spend all my swap money on another fn smallblock.
66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:20 PM   #52
brad_man_72
the boat guy

im just going to tell you the most recent reason im kicking my own butt.
the last few months a buddy needed to sell a complete 5.3 for a smoking good price, you know i never had the money......
monday truck makes an evil noise, today i find THIS.. my 3 piece crankshaft, now i get to spend all my swap money on another fn smallblock. oh yeah it still ran, LIKE A ROCK!!!!

yay i cant edit or remove the previous post?
Attached Images

66, stevens drag/ski 18' silouette, 350, 2.02 doublehump heads. comp extreme marine 278 cam, vette 7 fin valve covers, old polished edelbrock intake, velvetdrive, casale v-drive, adj cavitation plate.
28, model a rpu project,

Last edited by brad_man_72; 04-07-2009 at 09:22 PM.
brad_man_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:50 PM   #53
boundstaffpress
Jamie Hyneman is my twin

I've done the bolt down the distributor hole. That was an entire afternoon I don't want to repeat. I did score some cool tools out of the adventure.

I had a leaky gasket on an intake manifold, so I spread an old t-shirt over the lifter valley to catch all the gasket material. All clean, new gaskets and silicon. Bolt everything together. Look for the shirt to wipe my hands. Back apart after midnight. I wanted to do it before the silicon cured.

I had an old VW with a brand new engine. One icy morning the throttle stuck wide open after I pumped the gas to get it started. I managed to get back to the engine to shut it down. Started it again, and it screamed to a halt. Two months of daily driving was all that engine ever saw. Sold the car without an engine to Kris Kuksi. He makes freaky art you should all check out.

SOLD 1967 K10 Fleetside, 283, Front and Rear Posi SOLD

Color Wiring Diagrams Now in High Resolution
V8 and Cab and Cab and Chassis
boundstaffpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #54
72BLUZ

heres one, some are telling of thier younger days. i had a 72 chevelle malibu, which was my first car. my couisins and i had been out playing soft ball and started home after it started raining. my car had a 307 and 3 speed in the floor. we had just went into a sharp curve to the right when my cousins said hey when you get into that curve hit
2nd gear and punch it. against my better judgement i did just that and fished tailed right into the ditch tore the piss out of the passenger side quarter fender. i had to lie like crazy to keep dad from taking it out on my quarter fender.

another time was just about a month ago. me and my bro in law had wired my new covan dash cluster. when i removed the original dash and wired the connector into the truck harness, i spent 2 days trying to fiqure out why it wouldnt work. my bro in law found the problem. i had wired the truck harness completely backwards form the dash plug. i felt like an idiot!!!!

Last edited by 72BLUZ; 04-07-2009 at 09:53 PM.
72BLUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #55
Skirkpat

Dumbest thing I ever did was sell my 1969 Camaro Convertible, oh and my 69Chevelle convertible, and the 72 vert and the 69 SS, and the 72 SS and the 71 GS, and..and...and...and... and well I guess I will never learn?
Skirkpat is offline   Reply With Quote