The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork > Detailing

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #1
highperf4x4
Account Suspended

I found my new wheel cleaner!!!!!!!

Ok, I've been searching for something that would work like the acid I used to use on the old slots I had on my Satellite. You couldn't leave that stuff on too long or it would turn the rims green. (this is for polished rims only) After going through all the so-called wheel cleaners trying to find something that would do the job even if I had to scrub it after I put it on I was getting bummed. I used to pay like 20.00 a bottle for the acid when I got it from the detail shop. I finally found something that is almost identical that you can buy at the parts store. It's an Eagle1 product called an "etching" wheel cleaner. Seems to work about the same as the acid I used to use. You'll see it start foaming as soon as it hits the rim. Spray it on, leave it 30 seconds, rinse it off. It does an awesome job.

The rims after running through the car wash

I tried to polish one but the finish looked mottled. Need to be cleaner first.

I always use this powerful degreaser first.

You can scrub your sidewalls a little bit and it will make your letters look new again

And this is the awesome cleaner.

I did it twice but it didn't look any different the second time.

The freakin wheels look so good now that I'm not sure I will even polish them again!!!
highperf4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote