The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 04-01-2024, 10:02 AM   #26
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: Any one experiened what a new reroofing costs ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickysnickers View Post
Far be it from me to say anything, since there are more ranking members on here than what I am, but can we got back on topic please? It was roofing if I recall.

One big reason I chose the roofer to do my roof was while talking to him he shared with me that the 2017 GMC truck he drives is just like the one he bought for his crew for work .. he pays his workers well and has had them for years now ,,a couple are now sons of the fathers he did have that rertired . I too have had workers that I hand picked as a crew when I followed construction and know exactly what he is getting at . His workers tear off the old and install the new ..
I ask about if he would consider having his guys do the 6 nail rather than the 4 nail and this is what he told me .. He has two nailers one is used to doing a 5 nail and the other is used to the 4 nail .. Knowing the area I live in and which way the wind blows the hardest , he puts the guy that does the 5 nailer on that side of the roof and the 4 nailer get on the other side, ,first I ever heard of this ,,but I have driven a lot of nails in my day mostly framing and such , ,so I unserstand how much more stronger a 5 nail would be rather than 4 nails (which is common and serves the purpose pretty good anyways ..

Last edited by GOPAPA; 04-01-2024 at 10:56 AM.
GOPAPA is offline   Reply With Quote