The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Info Center > Site Feedback and Announcements

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #1
patrickk1

Craigslist ads cluttering up the Main Forums

It seems lately that people keep cluttering up the main forums with craigslist ads that they run across (these ads are not even there own). Would it be possible for you guys to create a separate section in the Classifieds area for these posts. This would make it so actual technical content would not get pushed down the forum stack.

Thanks,
Patrick

1964 GMC pickup lwb ~ My newest build!
1937 Ford Coupe ~ Custom frame, LS1, quickchange
1950 Chevrolet 3100 ~ Bagged (Sold)
1931 Chrysler Roadster ~'32 Ford Frame, Channeled 8" (Originally a 60's show car)
1967 Chevelle ~ 454 Triple Black (Sold)
1964 Chevrolet Impala SS (Sold)
patrickk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
TJ's Chevy
Post Whore

Re: Craigslist ads cluttering up the Main Forums

I believe the admin tried a separate forum for C/L ads at one point but the members didn't respond well to it so they put things back to the way they are.
TJ's Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:18 AM   #3
special-K
Special Order

Ignorance is no excuse. That's what I've heard all my life. People need to take a look around. Most every forum, sub-forum, and sticky on this site was not here in the beginning. They have been added as a new change that people had to adapt to and for the most part they have.

EDIT: Most came here once the board was big and broken down into categories, with only minor changes since.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-13-2016 at 10:10 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 06:02 PM   #4
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

non use is though. The members did not want nor like the forum. I have only seen maybe a dozen posts asking for one. Get a poll going, get me numbers showing folks want it.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:00 AM   #5
too much stuff
Roadtrip!

I guess I don't mind the ads. and usually click on them just to see what is out there and prices. The drawback I see is (like the one thread in general discussion) once it gets dated a little bit the ads are either sold or gone altogether.
70 4x4/BB/bkts/posi/tach(retired)
70 swb (wifes)
70 jimmy camper
71 K-5 factory 2wd
71 cheyenne 4x4/tach/posi/ plow rig
71 Cheyenne20 BB, buckets, tach, tilt, 4 speed
72 jimmy CST wyoming rig
72 jimmy Colorado rig
72 lifted texas 4x4 3/4 ton burb
65 fury conv. 383/auto
65 chrysler 300 "L" 413 auto
too much stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:30 AM   #6
chopit

I haven't noticed many at all on the 47-59 forum where I spend most my time. I've actually posted one that was a killer parts deal for somebody up recently in the 47-59 forum and it looks like another member is glad to have seen it and is acting on it.

Maybe other forums I'm not in much get a lot of it?

I don't know if I would like them as much in a separate forum unless the titles had the year listed. And I agree as they age the ads are gone but by then they are pretty quickly down the list.

We have them separated on a motorcycle forum I am on but the whole forum is for just one particular motorcycle brand and make so its easy to separate

Even technical data gets pushed down the list by other technical data. Just the way it is. I have no idea what is on page 4 and beyond. I just do searches when I need specific info. Sometimes it takes awhile to find what I want because there is years of good stuff on here lol
chopit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 02:42 AM   #7
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Well I found a thread on the 67-72 forum that is pretty long asking to please post your craigslist finds.

Im just gonna keep bumping that one back up if I see it goes a page or two back. Might turn in to one of those ultra long been around forever threads if people decide its a good place to post the finds.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:46 PM   #8
Liz
Catchy title goes here..

I would stick it, but then no one would ever read it Pm me if it gets to be a pain and we can try that
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:59 AM   #9
special-K
Special Order

I've been posting my "subtle" suggestions in some individual threads. A member who was posting a good bit of these appears to have taken heed. I just looked at the thread started for all of them and the last few posts were a few of his findings. I just sent him a PM letting him know I appreciated that.

If members who want to see the listings consolidated do the same (with kid gloves) it will go a long way toward solving this issue. Especially we have each others back.

Liz, I know what you are saying. You can lead a horse to water, but...
People in large groups are another creature. Not from a horse, obviously. You know what I mean

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 02-29-2016 at 08:04 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 02:50 AM   #10
Blue/72

Thanks for the positive comments on the thread guys! I had the same idea, try to remove clutter from the board by making a thread for all the loose craigslist add posts that come and go. It works out for everybody, sellers get more views and interest in their adds while guys in the board can look through to find a good deal. Happy to hear I've done something to positively help out the board and to have a small contribution to such an amazing and helpful site
•1972 Cheyenne Super. Sold
Blue/72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 02:26 AM   #11
CG
BlahBlahBlah

I bump that thing up if it gets to the bottom of the page or next page. Still see people posting right above it sometimes ... Its a process =)