The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-02-2020, 10:35 PM   #1
mlicker

Hi from the PNW

Good evening folks!
I'm the next owner of a 1970 C10 4wd LB (its not a K10, though my vin starts with a K). I do not know the trucks history. She needs some cosmetic TLC, but starts right up and runs fine with a 400ci transplant (auto TH350).

I bought it for two reasons. #1, I love the 1970 body style (grill) the best. #2 it has a canopy to provide me some much needed storage space, while I complete another auto restoration.

This will be somewhat of a longer term project. I have only a few things to be watching out in the forums for, the rest is all labor, and I may need advice from time to time.

In the meantime, Happy New Year...!!!!!
Mark
Snohomish County, WA.
Attached Images

mlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:11 AM   #2
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Re: Hi from the PNW

Looks like a four wheel drive to me which means its a K10 (if six lug). Four wheeler vins start with K. Six lug is a half ton, eight lug is 3/4 ton (K20). Two wheel drives are C10's and C20

Welcome to the board.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:16 PM   #3
mlicker

Yes sir, it is a 6 lug half ton. The emblems say Custom/10 and 8|350. I do not see the typical K10, as far as emblems on the fenders.

I see you are local there in Monroe. Cool.

I'm looking for missing trim pieces. Would like to keep to original, even if not straight. Some reason I can't post in the For Sale or WTB section. Do not have the permissions..??
mlicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #4
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Yes its one of the funny things about the 67-72 pick-ups, there is no emblem that says K10 or K20.

Im not a Blazer guy but I believe they do have an emblem that starts with K on the four wheel drive versions.

As far as posting a WTB or For Sale you have to be a subscribing member, 25 bucks a year. It helps support the board and we found it also keeps the

slicksters from coming in and ripping folks off. But you can purchase from anyone that posts a for sale item. No restrictions there.

My advice is to take a two or three weeks to really check out all the areas of the board that interest you so you get a good feel of how it works around here.

A lot of super great helpful folks here. I really like that its a family friendly board in all areas.