The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-05-2015, 04:08 PM   #401
RodsGreen10

Re: 1976 Square "Simple Green"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Drool.....
Lol. Thank you! It is extremely nice. Only thing is now figure out how to hide these wires or run them so they look good. A plus is the FiTech wire loom is exactly what I have on my truck went I put the new motor in. It consists of HeatShield Products and a nylon braided loom. Top notch stuff. The only complaint haha is for $1500 give me a damn sticker for my tool box lmao!! I am truly impressed so far. When I get it all buttoned up and running I will be honest about it and let you all know.
RodsGreen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:16 PM   #402
funkatation

Very interested to see how it works out. I can't believe the price on that! Did you get the FCC to go with it? I have a QFT Slayer 750 now just to get my truck running, but that looks really cool! I thought most FI systems were at least 2k.
funkatation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 04:25 PM   #403
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkatation View Post
Very interested to see how it works out. I can't believe the price on that! Did you get the FCC to go with it? I have a QFT Slayer 750 now just to get my truck running, but that looks really cool! I thought most FI systems were at least 2k.
They are bringing affordable EFI to the market and not cutting corners lol. A pitch coming haha. This thing is packed with as many or more features than those of $2k plus. But this one will support 1200 hp most on the market all but one other on the market will only support 600. They of course have a 600hp a new 800 hp they just released saw it on Facebook and the one I have 1200 hp.
I did not get the FCC. I went another route to be honest I think that thing looks ugly lol. So I got a R10 tank. Same as mine but is baffled. Plus got a aeromotive stealth gm pump in tank. The FiTech efi already has a regulator built in the system. So I have stock look with all the EFI requirements. And I bought a inline fuel filter also. I am excited to get it all on and go run this piss out of it lol!
Old 12-05-2015, 07:04 PM   #404
tjsblazer

Subscribed. I have been keeping my eye on the FITech. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a smaller unit for my 383. Can't wait to hear your impressions on it.

'72 Blazer K5

"Camshaft opinions are like belly buttons; everyone has one and no two are alike"

My Blazer Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=626752

My Engine Build:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=637336
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 07:26 PM   #405
RodsGreen10

So far so good. I have not done anything with it today besides what I posted. But I did actually read over the directions. If you can breath you can install this. So simple. The big boys on the market better sit up and pay attention cause what FiTech has and the price point it would be stupid to buy the big name companies. That is probably why Holley has bootlegged FiTechs design but Holley does not have the features the FiTech has. The thing that did hit me odd was it said torque the carb stud bolts to 16 ft lbs. What? If anyone has ever installed a carb and actually used the torque specs this caught me off guard. Lol. The kit comes with its own gaskets they are thick and are the hardest gaskets I have seen or felt. I did not use them because of the carb spacer and the Lokar throttle kickdown plate that I am using. But everything went on just like before. I have not hooked up the cables yet I will do that tomorrow.

Last edited by RodsGreen10; 12-05-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:10 AM   #406
RodsGreen10

Well I couldn't get the wire routing off my mind last night. So I stayed up and looked everything over and pre ran my wires giving me a idea of how everything would look and connect up. So the main wires come from the front of the FiTech EFI. So with my Lokar bracket I have it has a cut out in it that all the main wires would feed through and hide them some. Ran everything down between the intake and valve cover back to firewall. The one thing I wish they would have done is made the temp sensor wire longer I wanted to put it in my AFR heads but to accomplish this the wire would have to be ran over top and lay on the valve cover. No big issue the temp sensor will be mounted next to the thermostat in the intake. Now will for my battery power I will be using the block on the fire wall the one that is next to the brake booster. That will be my constant power source. For my ignition I will run it through a grommet in the firewall and connect that at the fuse box. Cause I couldn't find a ignition under the hood late last night. Tach feed well just connect that to the dizzy tach line. That is one reason I ran it down the drives side between the intake and valve cover. Out of the 4 or 5 connection they are all on that side. The fuel pump wire I will just follow the original sending unit wire to make my connection to the new fuel pump setup. I have not connected anything up yet just testing wire routing and a thought process before making my connection. I will start on it today and take pics of wire routing and stuff. O2 sensor wire comes off on the back of the FiTech on the passenger side. So I will just route the wire down and install o2 on that side less work straight shot.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:21 AM   #407
RodsGreen10

Here is that cut out I was talking about in my Lokar Plate I was talking about see how the main wires coming off the front of the FiTech feed perfect down through it.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 10:12 AM   #408
Advanced Design

If you want the temp sensor in the head, could you extend the wire?
Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #409
RodsGreen10

Quote:
If you want the temp sensor in the head, could you extend the wire?
You are correct. And I have the exact same plus and wire harness they use. That is probably what I will do cause that's what I did last night was added that. Really I just need another 6 inches for it to work lol.
I will be calling FiTech tomorrow I want to find out more about this fan wire in the harness and see what the purpose is. I would think it would send a ground signal to the relay and kick the fans on. If that is the case I will put it in the head and remove the painless temp sensor that is in the head now.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:42 PM   #410
RodsGreen10

Ok just started wiring up. Got the main harness just laid how I want it not buttoned all up just laying in the location. I am a clean engine bay person so it will look correct when I am done. Lol
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 12:44 PM   #411
RodsGreen10

This is what I am connecting to so I can get my main battery source. This connect has to be live all the time so the FiTech can save the self learning program.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 12:45 PM   #412
RodsGreen10

Here is my battery wire from the harness. All connected and heat shrinked up.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #413
RodsGreen10

Here is the main power wire connect to block. Fits perfect. Like I said I am just getting it all hooked up and will go back and do a final wire run and cover everything in the black nylon braid loom.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 12:50 PM   #414
RodsGreen10

Also I am need if anyone knows what this would be called. A clip that slides into the plug. The main harness as this. I have found a perfect spot to mount the main harness plug. But I need the little plastic piece that slides into this that has the little plastic seradded nubs on the back the nubs look like what on the back of a door panel clip.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 12:53 PM   #415
RodsGreen10

Found it I do believe!

http://www.carid.com/acdelco/gm-orig...ness-clip.html
Old 12-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #416
Advanced Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodsGreen10 View Post
Nice find. How did you?
Attached Images

Advanced Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:34 PM   #417
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Nice find. How did you?
Thanks. Got lucky. Googled GM Wiring Harness Clip used the image search cause I new what I was looking for and bingo that's what I need.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #418
RodsGreen10

See in this pic I have a tie holding the harness to keep the weight off of it. But look behind the harness see the holes. Light Bulb!! Slide that clip in harness connector and pop it in one of those holes!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 04:10 PM   #419
RodsGreen10

Ok I have the battery connection made from the main harness also I have the ignition wire connected from the main harness and I have the tach wire connected from the main harness. I left some extra slack in the tach wire because I don't have a tach. But if my wife spends my money for my Xmas present I will be getting the Dakota Digital gauges and I can make my tach connection off that wire. Now I need to run my fuel pump wire to the pump. That is nice it is just one wire and does not need a relay. Also got to figure out about this fan # 1 wire. And get the o2 installed and wired up.
Here is a before pic of the wires running in to the fire wall after I got it all wired up. Minus the orange fuel pump wire and the yellow fan wire.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 04:12 PM   #420
RodsGreen10

And this is the same pic after I covered and adjusted the wires with my nylon braided loom. Not bad if I say so myself lmao.
Attached Images

Old 12-06-2015, 05:50 PM   #421
RodsGreen10

Ok I got to looking at the other wire harness that's in the box. It has fan# 2 wire on it and a AC wire along with the nitrous wires. So I found my fan 2 plus it nice that it has the ac wire this should idle up when the compressor kicks on!!! Haha!! This is nice.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:02 PM   #422
RodsGreen10

So what I am assuming is the FiTech uses the supplied temp sensor and that will send the ground signal needed for the fans to kick on. It should be. Man this thing is slick!! Well thought out. The real test is if it runs and performs worth a flip.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:51 PM   #423
RodsGreen10

Yep my assumption was correct. It will control the fans plus I can adjust the temp the fans kick on from the handheld. Haha it just keeps getting better and better. So far I am happy.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:08 PM   #424
GAc10boy

Man, Rodney, you are really on it! Parts look awesome. Can't wait to see it all when you're finished.

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #425
RodsGreen10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAc10boy View Post
Man, Rodney, you are really on it! Parts look awesome. Can't wait to see it all when you're finished.
Thanks.