The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 06-29-2017, 10:20 AM   #1
hdixon

C10 Floor replacement

Anyone know of any good restoration shops in south Florida I need my floor ,cab corners,rocker panel and possibly kick panel replaced I have all the parts I purchase them from LMC I need a shop to do job because I can not weld medal. any help out there.
hdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 07:24 PM   #2
AussieinNC

Re: C10 Floor replacement

Did you buy the entire floor panel from LMC ?
AussieinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
hdixon

[QUOTE=AussieinNC;7980554]Did you buy the entire floor panel from LMC ?
yes I did purchase the entire floor with the support brackets and everything cab corners and rockers
Old 06-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #4
AussieinNC

The full floor replacement and toe board replacement is a major undertaking that should not be taken lightly.

The person / shop you choose should ask you for not only the cab and the parts, but also the doors and hinges...these are essential for the body guy to align the outer panels and the cab corner pieces...

I am doing one of these at the moment and I have over 15 hours in it so far and have only just finished bracing the cab frame with steel tubing...

I estimate it will take me another 20 or so hours to replace the floor itself an the cab corners, then maybe another 10 hours for the outer skins...

If you have never welded anything before, I would suggest either a good bodyman or shop...or perhaps try and find a better cab...maybe one that doesnt need a full floor...if you decide to get another cab, I might be interested in the floor unit....as I have two other cabs to do this summer...

I am retired now, but seem busier than I was when I worked full time...

Have fun....
Old 06-30-2017, 10:39 PM   #5
hdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
The full floor replacement and toe board replacement is a major undertaking that should not be taken lightly.

The person / shop you choose should ask you for not only the cab and the parts, but also the doors and hinges...these are essential for the body guy to align the outer panels and the cab corner pieces...

I am doing one of these at the moment and I have over 15 hours in it so far and have only just finished bracing the cab frame with steel tubing...

I estimate it will take me another 20 or so hours to replace the floor itself an the cab corners, then maybe another 10 hours for the outer skins...

If you have never welded anything before, I would suggest either a good bodyman or shop...or perhaps try and find a better cab...maybe one that doesnt need a full floor...if you decide to get another cab, I might be interested in the floor unit....as I have two other cabs to do this summer...

I am retired now, but seem busier than I was when I worked full time...

Have fun....
what state are you located in
Old 07-01-2017, 02:09 PM   #6
AussieinNC

I live in Cherryville NC...as is listed on my profile...
Old 07-01-2017, 06:43 PM   #7
hdixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdixon View Post
what state are you located in
Iam looking for a cab if I fine one in good shape I will let you have the complete floor
Old 07-01-2017, 07:26 PM   #8
AussieinNC

You can just about guarantee that any cab you find will need cab corners, outer sills and maybe some floor sections...

Keep in mind that these trucks are around 50 years old...and rust prevention didnt exist back then...

Poor design didnt help...

You could undertake a smaller cab rebuild if you take your time, put reinforcement bars in place to hold the cab in shape, and really take your time...

Everyone on this board is willing to help out...before you buy another cab, post us some pics of the current cab showing in detail the rusted out areas...

You will need a way to lift the cab off of the chassis, and a support dolly to place the cab on to support it during the rebuild.

Hope this helps..let me know if you want to sell the floor section...I usually dont use LMC floors...there are better quality ones out there....but I would help you out if needed

Old 07-01-2017, 07:31 PM   #9
hdixon

Quote:
You can just about guarantee that any cab you find will need cab corners, outer sills and maybe some floor sections...

Keep in mind that these trucks are around 50 years old...and rust prevention didnt exist back then...

Poor design didnt help...

You could undertake a smaller cab rebuild if you take your time, put reinforcement bars in place to hold the cab in shape, and really take your time...

Everyone on this board is willing to help out...before you buy another cab, post us some pics of the current cab showing in detail the rusted out areas...

You will need a way to lift the cab off of the chassis, and a support dolly to place the cab on to support it during the rebuild.

Hope this helps..let me know if you want to sell the floor section...I usually dont use LMC floors...there are better quality ones out there....but I would help you out if needed

if you happen to run across a good cab can you let me know please
thx
Old 07-01-2017, 09:29 PM   #10
AussieinNC

Check the parts for sale board here and also craigslist in your area...

Post us some pics...you may not have as big a job as you might suspect...

These cabs are getting harder to find in reasonable condition...just be patient...

Put some pics up...the guys and gals here might have some suggestions...

Old 07-01-2017, 10:02 PM   #11
hdixon

Quote:
Check the parts for sale board here and also craigslist in your area...

Post us some pics...you may not have as big a job as you might suspect...

These cabs are getting harder to find in reasonable condition...just be patient...

Put some pics up...the guys and gals here might have some suggestions...

thanks