The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #1
gabbin

Engine info help

I have a 14093638 block with a K0209PHA stamped front. I cant find much info on PHA suffix? The engine is 87-95, I need a couple of roller lifters replaced they are weak, so what I'm wondering is, how can I determine the exact year this is, and two, were all roller lifters the same part number for replacement?
Just for info purpose, the heads are an earlier, 487X 76cc 2.02 1.6.
She runs really good but, the intake rocker on cyl 3 simply wont adjust all the noise out, actually it will on initial adjust, but comes back after a few seconds (this was on a hot adjustment, untill it basically bottoms and starts to rattle or knock so to speak.

That said, I'm going to replace all of them, but want to ensure what I'm ordering will be right, having a hell of a time narrowing this exact year block down.

Thanks for any help and feed back fellas!!!
gabbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
bumwine

Re: Engine info help

Should be a 86-94 350
bumwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:13 AM   #3
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

You do not need to know the exact year and application of that engine. All you need are factory roller lifters for a '87-'02 GEN I small block. In fact the roller lifters for the LSx engines are the same.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 03:42 PM   #4
gabbin

OK, thank you Captainfab and bumwine, also I found out what the main issue was, the owner before me had crossed up the adjusting nut on cylinder 3 intake valve, it wouldn't hold the adjustment. I've ordered the replacement rocker stud, local auto stores don't have them readily available.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:30 AM   #5
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Do the heads have screw in rocker studs?
Old 12-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #6
gabbin

Yes, when the heads were reworked in the past they put screw ins, but not in all of them, lol go figure. this one is. but I was prepared to drill it. They put the screw in with just the neck on them instead of the nut style. I ordered a full set of Comp cams nut style to go in.
Old 12-14-2016, 01:13 AM   #7
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

You do realize that the stud bosses will have to be faced/cut down for that style of stud correct?
Old 12-14-2016, 10:17 AM   #8
gabbin

There are some of these type new studs that haven't been milled down, and work fine, all be it, the rocker is close to the bolt flange. These are the same type dimensions so they should work fine. The angle of the rod to rocker to stem isn't compromised. I will be test fitting today after work. Also I'm going to inspect the rest of the studs just to be sure they are fine.