The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-29-2018, 04:05 PM   #1
67 fastback

Parts list

Hey guys. Been a member here for quite a while. Lurk more than post though. Anyhow, getting ready to fire in on a engine swap on my 67. I've already swapped it to 4 wheel power disc brakes (5 lug), power steering, and lowered it some. I have new springs to go into the already rebuilt suspension.

Current engine is a 350 or 327 (never measured the stroke) with a 700r4 swap that I lost interest in. I have everything but the torque bolted to the flex when I decided to make this truck my daily driver by swapping in a 5.3/4l60e from a 03 Sliverado. Engine is sitting in the garage along with the truck ready to go. Still got to cut the harness and such.

Plan is to do away with the factory clutch fan and run an aftermarket aluminum radiator and electric fans. Should I get adjustable motor mounts to push the engine forward?

Looking for suggestions on the best course of action as far as engine mounts, headers, and other odds and ends. I want to do this once and do it right.

Pics to come.

Bill
Old 10-29-2018, 04:18 PM   #2
67 fastback

Re: Parts list

My introduction a bit ago with pics.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=724199
Old 10-30-2018, 02:33 PM   #3
67 fastback

Nothing? Crickets at my build thread too.
Old 10-30-2018, 02:59 PM   #4
weim55

Go to the Engine and Drivetrain - LSx swap forums on this site. While I'm not sure you will find an actual list, tons of good info on several LS swaps. I made my list by combing through various builds.

Steve weim55 Colorado
weim55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #5
michael bustamante

just dropped my 5.3 into my 67 as well. went dual fans and a 4 core rad. used the POL slider mounts for clearance and swapped the oil pan with a camaro pan for ground clearance issues. ( 4.5 inch drop in front) youll need the slider mounts so the oil pan can clear the crossmember. $L60 tranny slides right in using a stock auto tranny crossmember. used the small block mounts and towers since I didn't cam it and am not going to pull serious power. no issues there at all in terms if fitment. used the speed engineering headers and they fit great!! ( PB blast your exhaust manifold bolts before removing them. Lesson learned!!) haven't started it up yet as my funds ran low and I need to get the PCM flashed and set for 2 fans.
oh, also I removed the AC compressor and pulley for clearance from the frame. will not fit unless you trim the frame. also mines a DBW so I mounted the pedal using the adaptor made available from hart rod here on the forum.
Old 10-30-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
67 fastback

Thanks Michael. Don’t plan to go that low. Doing a 3/5 drop. Will I have clearance issues with the truck pan at that height? Also, engine mounts I really don’t want adapters as my current engine mounts need to be replaced. I guess the frame mounts are fine.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:11 PM   #7
67 fastback

Pretty much decided to go with ifs complete ls mount kit and their trans crossmember. Only issue they couldn’t verify was whether the stock truck pan would clear. I figure that out. They said I wouldn’t have to notch the frame for the ac compressor.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:49 PM   #8
michael bustamante

be careful then when setting the drivetrain assy. watch that compressor pulley. most everyone on here has agreed that they've had to remove or relocate the compressor.
as for the oil pan, the truck pan really does hang a bit lower than the crossmember but as long as you don't have severe speed bumps or go down bad dirt roads you might be ok. I know theres a few guys here who used the truck pans
Old 10-31-2018, 07:47 PM   #9
67 fastback

Once I have the engine installed if the oil pan is too low then I’ll address. Truck will be my daily driver once I give my boy my current silverado when he gets his license. The guy I talked to a Ifab said the compressor fits with their mounts.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:08 PM   #10
UniqueOdyssey68

Welcome! Long time reader here, but new also.
Just put in a 5.3/4L60E using ifabspeed mounts and trans crossmember. Seems to go well. Haven't drilled and bolt the trans crossmember down yet. I swapped the oil pan to the GMPP so it hangs even with the front crossmember. Pics in most recent page of build thread. I'll be interested to see how the ifab speed parts work for you. They are quality parts but hardly mentioned on here. Keep posting updates!
- long term project '68 C10 true shortbed! Resto-mod. LS swap. Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=769919 "I've still kept this project truck when anyone else would've given up and sold it as is. Giving up is easy, staying the course is part of life's journey"
Old 11-23-2018, 06:57 PM   #11
67 fastback

Thanks. Just got them in the mail today. Still gotta pull the old 350/700r4 combo before I can get going on my swap...