The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
Dano3500

75-76 Grille & Tilt Column Questions

1st post ever and while I love old cars, trucks, etc. (I have Buick GS's) I don't know a lot about these trucks although one of my fondest memories of childhood (I would've been about 8 y/o) was when my best friends dad/next door neighbor bought a brand new '76 GMC reg. cab 454 2WD Dually. I remember him saying "I drove by the dealer and saw it and I had to have it." Rode in the bed of that truck many times back when we still did that. They had a '70 (ish) Suburban too that my friends older sister wrapped around a tree at some point.

Anyway, many, many years ago I parted out a '76 truck - Highly optioned C10 (?) reg. cab long bed 454 and I think "Trailering Special." Neat truck. Well cared for but super rusty and the engine was gone when I got it.

I still have the grille, which is darn near perfect. Am I correct in that the 75-76 only use the same grille and that it's not reproduced? I listed it on (fe)eBay and couldn't find any others or any repros so I figured a nearly perfect grille that's not reproduced was probably worth decent coin to someone restoring one of these trucks, but maybe I'm way off - I listed it for $325 best offer (?). I've probably moved the thing 10 times over the years and figured it's time to get rid of some stuff. Am I in the ballpark pricewise?

I also still have the tilt column/steering wheel out of the same truck. What years does that fit and are they hard to find (i.e. what's the thing worth?). I'd list the stuff on here, but can't without joining and it's not worth it to sell 2 parts.

Thanks.
Dano3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 09:29 PM   #2
79 Silverado/454

Re: 75-76 Grille & Tilt Column Questions

While 75 -76 grilles are similar they are not the same. A 75 grille will have the engine size in the grille and 76 does not. I'm not sure what its worth.

The tilt column will work all the way up to 1980. In 1981 the column changed. Again not sure of what its worth. Hope this helps and good luck !
2018 GMC Denali HD Duramax (Red Quartz)
79 Silverado/454 is offline   Reply With Quote