The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-30-2018, 08:23 PM   #51
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Are You 100% Obedient Of All Laws?

I'm teetering around 28% legal compliance.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:53 PM   #52
pritch

I got a buddy that claims you'll pretty much be left alone if you're only breaking one law at a time. It seems to work for him.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:05 AM   #53
special-K
Special Order

Shoot, I've been pulled over for doing nothing wrong at all. Absolute true fact. It seems to me, if you are going to commit a crime you might as well commit several. When they catch you they always drop some of the charges, so hey, at least you got away with some of them

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 08-06-2018 at 07:06 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #54
Axle

I suspect, no, I know I'm a scofflaw. Too many rules based on knee jerk reaction rather than practicality or logic.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:22 PM   #55
flashed

My brother says its all legal til you get caught ,not my way of thinking though.
flashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 01:18 PM   #56
davischevy

Nope.

And you yankees (Kansan's) better pay particular attention to this one.

It’s strictly prohibited to pronounce “Arkansas” incorrectly.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:26 PM   #57
Stocker
20' Daredevil (Ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post

If you're talking about a river.... you're fighting a losing battle!

1972 K20 LWB 350/350/205

RIP El Jay
Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #58
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
Nope.

That state over there is their Kansas...the one over here is ar Kansas.

'70 Chevy 3/4T Longhorn CST 402/400/3.56 Custom Camper

Simi Valley, CA
Steeveedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #59
davischevy

Smile Re: Are You 100% Obedient Of All Laws?

The way I see if they live in Kansaw.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 08-05-2018, 08:19 PM   #60
davischevy

Two of my best friends are from Kansas but live here now. We spend a lot of coffee shop time on this subject.

Old 08-05-2018, 09:47 PM   #61
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Quote:
the way i see if they live in kansaw.

OK, I tried enough times to edit it to make it right. It's supposed to be a big grin, but if it is the only thing in the post, it makes the "D" lower case.
Old 08-06-2018, 07:07 AM   #62
special-K
Special Order

Quote:
Nope.

Hey now, watch it! I have many good friends from Kansaw.

EDIT: Funny, I jumped ahead from this quoted post with my reply here. Now I see great minds think alike. Do Kansans really do that? I could see some of us back easters doing that.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
Old 08-06-2018, 10:14 AM   #63
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Hey now, watch it! I have many good friends from Kansaw.

EDIT: Funny, I jumped ahead from this quoted post with my reply here. Now I see great minds think alike. Do Kansans really do that? I could see some of us back easters doing that.
How was the truck show? How are the ribs?

Old 08-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #64
special-K
Special Order

Great show. Sore ribs. Funny thing is, sleeping on my air mattress was culprit. I didn't break any laws.

Tim

Old 08-11-2018, 08:56 AM   #65
special-K
Special Order

I take this route a lot up through New Windsor to get to points northeast. It's a state route and another state route ends into it in the middle of town. We're talking small old town, like two blocks long with two blocks either side of Main St. The way it went was Rt31 took you to Main St. where you turned right, which is still Rt31 continuing through and out of town. After the first block on Main St, middle of town, Rt75 comes in from the left to a stop sign. Now if you didn't turn at Main St to follow Rt31 it was the entrance to the elementary school after a half block of houses.

Now we have limestone quarries and a huge cement plant, so dry bulk trucks are running these roads and they were having to snake through this block of town, not good for drivers or residents. So they punched it through at the elem school with a sharp right turn taking you to Rt75 at above the couple blocks of town. The big cement plant is a left turn on Rt75. I can see why they did this, but I think they handled it wrong. Now it is marked to follow Rt31 you go straight, take that 90 at the school, one block to stop sign, turn right two blocks, stop, turn left to follow Rt31. This is all traffic, not just trucks over 5T or whatever. I disobey and make a right turn. Done deal.

Tim

Old 08-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #66
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

I just got back from a 3 week vacation in Tx and Ok. This was the first trip I've ever not been stopped (profiled) though I know I really disappointed a Tx State Trooper. Anytime they see a rental car with 1-2 people in it driving the speed limit or slightly over (1-3mph), they look for an excuse to stop them since that is the normal "Modus Operandi" for drug mules. I had a State Trooper follow me for about 65 miles but didn't pass anyone or do anything even vaguely questionable, so the Trooper didn't have an excuse. I stopped about 15 miles after they quit following for a stretch break and within 2 min the local sherriff pulled up to "chat". I knew he had been "informed" on the radio. The whole idea of revenue generation started with speed traps and has continued to develop. BTW Those dumb laws are so prevailent that there is a book written about them and listing them by state.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 07:26 PM   #67
special-K
Special Order

Like the king's men collecting taxes.

Tim

Old 08-18-2018, 09:14 PM   #68
pritch

Oh man, there's a classic speed trap on I-80 that I drive thru each day on my commute. It's not so bad going west, towards Salt Lake from home, but coming east, about a mile past where US 40 takes off towards Denver and just over a little rise, there's an emergency turn around/snowplow turn around and if there's not a Trooper or Deputy sitting there, it's because they've left to chase someone down. I have learned to put it on cruise from there to my home exit
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 09:52 PM   #69
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

Speed traps!? I worked at Cape Canaveral for a few years, and those security officers would hide and hit everybody with radar. When you come in the south entrance of CC, the speed limit once you turn the corner is 50, up from 35. You better not be doing more than 37 before you reach that speed limit sign, either. Up a couple of miles, the speed limit drops to 35, and you'd better not drift into that zone unless you've already scrubbed your speed (even with that knucklehead that's tailgating you), because you WILL get a speeding ticket. Doesn't sound like such a big deal, but you have to go to Orlando and have a chat with a Federal Magistrate. Get a couple tickets, and you can't drive on base. I know one gal who got caught doing 80 in a 50, and that was it. She lost her privilege altogether, and got sent back to California because it was too tough for the rest of the crew to chauffeur her around. I had been warned, so I never got a ticket. Though I took the wrong road once, and got pulled over by security and asked a bunch of questions about why I was where I was. It was my second day, and I'd gotten good and lost.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 08-18-2018, 10:59 PM   #70
special-K
Special Order

Sure you did. See anything interesting you'd care to share?

Tim

Old 08-18-2018, 11:37 PM   #71
Steeveedee
Who Changed This?

I got all the way up behind the launch complex where they were preparing the Space Shuttle for launch, in March of '01. Don't recall the number of said complex, and don't remember what they were delivering to orbit. Probably Space Station stuff. I was working on the Defense Support Program spacecraft, which was an early warning missile launch detection system. If there was anything classified back where I was, I have NO idea. I was just a lost noob-type mechanical guy.

Simi Valley, CA
Old 08-19-2018, 01:32 AM   #72
LEEVON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeveedee View Post
I got all the way up behind the launch complex where they were preparing the Space Shuttle for launch, in March of '01. Don't recall the number of said complex, and don't remember what they were delivering to orbit. Probably Space Station stuff. I was working on the Defense Support Program spacecraft, which was an early warning missile launch detection system. If there was anything classified back where I was, I have NO idea. I was just a lost noob-type mechanical guy.
That was the EELV (Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle) for the Atlas V program. Constructed by my former Employer. I hired on in 2001 out of the Orlando District office and all of my co-workers were living it up after that successful launch. It was a legendary project in terms of difficulty and schedule, they still talk about it and many of them have been back for more Lockheed Martin projects since. Large bonuses were made all around, the Christmas Party that year was badass. Now the damn launch vehicle is shuttered.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:49 AM   #73
dirtyjim

I only obey laws that will cause me to lose rights and I think 90% of the laws only exist as a revenue stream and should be removed. if it doesn't harm others or their property it should not be illegal, if something I do only harms me it's a vice and that's on me.

if I break an occasional traffic law I see it as getting back a little of the thousands of dollars that was stolen from me when I was younger. back in the late 80'S and early 90'S I learned the hard way that having long hair was illegal and if you had long hair and drove a hot rod you were a menace to society and needed to be removed from the streets by any means necessary. back then I could usually pull 10-15 tickets out of my wallet at any given time and maybe 2 of those tickets would be legit
Old 08-19-2018, 10:58 AM   #74
100%Chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjim View Post
I only obey laws that will cause me to lose rights and I think 90% of the laws only exist as a revenue stream and should be removed. if it doesn't harm others or their property it should not be illegal, if something I do only harms me it's a vice and that's on me.

if I break an occasional traffic law I see it as getting back a little of the thousands of dollars that was stolen from me when I was younger. back in the late 80'S and early 90'S I learned the hard way that having long hair was illegal and if you had long hair and drove a hot rod you were a menace to society and needed to be removed from the streets by any means necessary. back then I could usually pull 10-15 tickets out of my wallet at any given time and maybe 2 of those tickets would be legit
I lived in Texas for over 10 years.
I moved to Houston in fall of 74,after working on oil rigs in Brazoria county.I didn't have my car--running with a buddy.Left this job and went home to get my car and came back to Houston.
I got a job in south Houston on late shift.
I was going home (in north Houston) on the 610 loop and was stopped in BelAir where I got 3 tickets---out of state license,out of state inspection sticker and out of state tag.
Heading on home,I was stopped by Houston P.D. on my street ( Beauchamp) and got the same 3 tickets again!
The cop had me sit in the front of his car with my hands on the dash while he held a cocked pistol to the side of my head!Then he wnet stupid and told me all about his bad marriage and all sorts of other stuff that had nothing to do with me.Very bad experience.
This was about the time when the cops were shooting people and got in trouble for "throw down guns".
Stayed in Houston about a year,then moved to Brazoria county.
Me working on a Pinto (girlfriends car).My old 57 Chevy is hard to see on the right!
Yes,I had long hair then.

Mike.
100%Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 06:27 PM   #75
dirtyjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%Chevy View Post
I lived in Texas for over 10 years.
I moved to Houston in fall of 74,after working on oil rigs in Brazoria county.I didn't have my car--running with a buddy.Left this job and went home to get my car and came back to Houston.
I got a job in south Houston on late shift.
I was going home (in north Houston) on the 610 loop and was stopped in BelAir where I got 3 tickets---out of state license,out of state inspection sticker and out of state tag.
Heading on home,I was stopped by Houston P.D. on my street ( Beauchamp) and got the same 3 tickets again!
The cop had me sit in the front of his car with my hands on the dash while he held a cocked pistol to the side of my head!Then he wnet stupid and told me all about his bad marriage and all sorts of other stuff that had nothing to do with me.Very bad experience.
This was about the time when the cops were shooting people and got in trouble for "throw down guns".
Stayed in Houston about a year,then moved to Brazoria county.
Me working on a Pinto (girlfriends car).My old 57 Chevy is hard to see on the right!
Yes,I had long hair then.

Mike.
i had a few days like that, same couple of tickets by two different police departments.
i still remember when the Galveston pd would give you the option of taking a couple punches or spending the night in jail, i wasn't done partying so i took the punches. times sure have changed