The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 10-04-2004, 09:10 AM   #51
D.PASSMORE
One of the First

Thumbs down 1000 Peices

Dave,
Plan B, times up! He ain't going to work on it and I would'nt have him touch it. The guy obvoiusly has some issues. Before you mention " lawyers" or "sueing", get your truck and /or all the peices out of his shop. Explain to him (nicely) that it just isn't working out. See if you can reach a settlement with him on the money(which he probaley dose not have). It's not the moment to cause hard feelings (thats later) and when you are retrieving your things, bring as many bubies as you can. Just in case you get PO'd and want to kick off in his A$$H. They can help you load up and also hold you back, just in case. In the meantime, do the legal advice thing and know your options before you talk to the guy. IMO your insurance company will not get involved. Its really not there area to enforce this type of issue. You would have to file a some kinda claim before you would even get an appointment with them. The first truck I rebuilt, I took peices to the body shop and had them worked. Half payed upfront and the remainder when the peice was done. Assembeled it home the best I could and then took it in for panel alignment. Not show quality but, darn I loved that truck. Hope this helps and if there is a will, there is a way.

'71 SWB K/10 CUSTOM DELUXE (Chili)
'72 BLAZER K/5 Muscle Truck (Mule)
'72 LWB K/20 CHEYENNE (Blackie)
D.PASSMORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 09:40 AM   #52
moneyguru

If you plan on suing, take pics of the truck in it's current condition.
Just go down there and take some pics, tell him you are putting together an album of the progress of the truck. Make sure youdate the pics, having a copy of that day's newspaper in the pics always helps authenticate WHEN the pics were taken.

Then come back and pick up your truck, reminding him he is way past the agreed upon date.

After you have the truck back, proceed with any lawsuit. This way you can prove that he didn't finish the truck and it was left in pieces. In order to accomplish the lawsuit you will need to prove it went to him as a complete truck. You already have the signed agreement for the job to be done, and the pics of the truck not done (with date).

HTH
Old 10-04-2004, 10:16 AM   #53
SLS
Finish the'71..or bust!

I am sorry to hear about what is happening with your truck. This is why I decided to take the DIY approach and invested in a sandblaster, welder, air tools, efabman video set, books, ect......but I realize some folks don't have the time and work space. That's why I waited several years...to find a crib with a two-car garage, ....before even searching out my project vehicle. I just don't trust other people working on anything that I can fix myself anymore. Heck, I don't trust that I will even get the right part at any of these mega-chain parts houses anymore as it seems most of the 'help' don't know a radiator hose from a brake rotor.

But, I digress........

If you take pictures of the truck, as moneyguru wisely suggests, the 'newspaper authentication' method is probably helpful......but if I may also suggest, use a regular film camera (like a 35mm). In some states, DIGITAL pictures are not admissable as 'evidence'...due to the wonders of photo manipulation programs such as Photoshop. Maybe take film AND digital pictures? That way you can use the 'timestamp' on the digital pics to verify (and cross reference) the film pic? A little added 'paper trail', if you will.........

I would definately consult with a reputable attorney IN YOUR AREA about what is admissable in your State's courtrooms as pertains to 'photographic evidence' (and other matters relating to your situation) before proceeding with a lawsuit.

Best of luck to you in finding some relief in this matter.
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:55 PM   #54
Daves72'GMC

I went down today to cut to the chase and to get things straightened out and he's almost has the whole frame taken apart. He was very nice. I also had my camera in my hand and took some pics. He told me to call him in a couple of days,so I will and I ordered all of the front end parts today.I'll let you all know how the progress goes. Thank you for all of your support during this stressful time. Dave
Daves72'GMC is offline   Reply With Quote