The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 11-02-2021, 03:25 PM   #1
jimmy1614

Bagged 67c10 front brake hose?

Chopping block crossmember cpp spindles on my bagged 67. Having trouble finding a brake hose that will work in the front. Have tried early and late hoses from 73-86 and the bend is not right. Maybe I’m trying to put them on wrong. What works?

Thanks

Last edited by jimmy1614; 11-02-2021 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Adding a few details
jimmy1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:04 PM   #2
Accelo

Re: Bagged 67c10 front brake hose?

Per this group's suggestion I ended up with a 1972 3/4T brake hose. They are just slightly longer than the 1/2T hose. Worked perfectly on my 2.5" lowered spindles.
Accelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 12:03 PM   #3
jimmy1614

Thanks!
jimmy1614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 12:46 PM   #4
mr.mud1

I've been trying to find front brake hoses for my 72 3/4 ton cheyenne super,ended up with 3 sets of what was 1/2 ton hoses,too short.i bought a set from a guy in Michigan,Brake Hoses Unlimited and they arrived the other day,beautiful hoses,i haven't installed yet but i know they'll fit fine.he makes them when you order with whatever ends and length you need as i understand.
mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 01:07 PM   #5
Accelo

mr.mud1
Good advice. Seems they are difficult to find. I checked with Napa as their application catalog typically is correct.

I found only the two rear hoses.
NAPA Part #: UP 36592 $14.59 / Each (13.25" Length)
NAPA Part #: UP 36564 (18.69" Length)
Both guaranteed to fit my vehicle. LOL, they both can't fit. However, it appears to be the correct two rear hoses for the 67-72 trucks. The shorter one on the right side and the later, longer, center hose.
Nothing for the front which is weird as they would likely be the better sellers.

Leave it to the brokers to assume the 1/2T and 3/4T hoses are the same.
I spent an exorbitant amount of time on what should have been "The simple brake stuff."
Was flat out lied to or just not given all the information I needed. It became obvious they knew the product they sold wouldn't fit as delivered. Did they lie by omission? Or is it plausible deniability? Plenty of room for vendor improvement in this area.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:51 PM   #6
michael bustamante

did you relocate the tab on where the hardline connects to the soft line? i had to do this to the 1972 tab position and use 3/4 ton hoses when i bagged my 67 and used rotors up front
Old 11-03-2021, 06:06 PM   #7
mr.mud1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelo View Post
mr.mud1
Good advice. Seems they are difficult to find. I checked with Napa as their application catalog typically is correct.

I found only the two rear hoses.
NAPA Part #: UP 36592 $14.59 / Each (13.25" Length)
NAPA Part #: UP 36564 (18.69" Length)
Both guaranteed to fit my vehicle. LOL, they both can't fit. However, it appears to be the correct two rear hoses for the 67-72 trucks. The shorter one on the right side and the later, longer, center hose.
Nothing for the front which is weird as they would likely be the better sellers.

Leave it to the brokers to assume the 1/2T and 3/4T hoses are the same.
I spent an exorbitant amount of time on what should have been "The simple brake stuff."
Was flat out lied to or just not given all the information I needed. It became obvious they knew the product they sold wouldn't fit as delivered. Did they lie by omission? Or is it plausible deniability? Plenty of room for vendor improvement in this area.
hi,i went through this just recently on my truck as i said,i found the rear hose without any trouble.the differance is a coil spring truck or a leaf spring truck,seems to me the long one is the leaf spring which fit my truck with leaf's just fine.the front hose's were the problem.l bought them from the Napa store here,wrong,tryed 2 sets on Rock Auto,both wrong and the last time i looked at the listing on Rock Auto,the only thing shown was the rear hose,front hose's are not there any longer.when i called Nick at Brake Hoses Unlimited in Michigan,told him i had 3 sets of hoses that were too short.he said "you have a 3/4 ton truck don't you" i said yes i do.he said he runs into this often,the correct hoses were 14 inches long and he'd be happy to make them for me,and they're here now and won't be a problem,i just know.take care.Greg
Attached Images

mr.mud1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:14 AM   #8
Accelo

First, I was incorrect as I never considered the leaf spring trucks. I made the assumption the it was the two different locations of the rear line. Thanks for setting that straight.
Appreciated the source and actual measurement of the front lines. The look great by the way.

Some of the disc brake kits seem to insinuate the front brake lines use the factory rear drum brake attachment point for the flexible line. I actually attempted to see if this would work with the supplied hose. It didn't or wouldn't have lasted if it was installed. Seems the product liability lawyers haven't caught up with the kit makers yet.

Feedback from other members would be great. I would like to see if someone had gotten the disks working with the rear attachment points and how they did it.
I changed my front brake lines to stainless and to the factory forward location. My thought was running the front lines to mimic the factory set up would give fewer issues. I did have to make the front tabs and bolt them on. I had already powder coated the cross-member. Inline-tube sells the blank tabs.
Old 11-04-2021, 12:47 AM   #9
pjmoreland

I relocated the lines to the front of the crossmember on my '68, described here:

https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=823192

lolife99 commented on that thread that he has done a couple of disc brake conversions where he used the stock brake line mounting locations and had no problem. You might contact him and see how he did it. I think one factor might be the type of rims and tires you use. If you have big rims with low profile tires, I believe there will be more room for rear routed hoses to bulge outward when the rear of the tire turns in in the back

Last edited by pjmoreland; 11-04-2021 at 12:53 AM.
pjmoreland is offline   Reply With Quote