The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 12-18-2020, 06:03 PM   #1
NJM73

Trying to clean up wiring, need recommendations for junction/relay boxes

Been looking extensively for some form of a battery terminal distribution block and a relay box so I can condense all my wiring and clean things up. I've seen multiple "on battery terminal" fuse junction blocks, but most only hold 3 mega fuses or are a oem of a newer vehicle that takes a special fuse. I'm needing at least 4 large fuses (2 amps, air compressor, large light bar)
I could get away with a 3 position if I could find the right form of relay box to use. Most of the relay boxes I have come across look low quality amd have bad reviews, or take different style relays then what all my stuff is setup for. I'd prefer the relay box had a cover and was waterproof. I'd need 6-8 relay slots so i could double up on my compressor and light bar so i dont have to run them on the distribution block. I'm hoping someone out there knows of some oem blocks and boxes that would work for what I'm trying to do.
Thanks in advance
NJM73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 10:19 PM   #2
SilverMiner

Re: Trying to clean up wiring, need recommendations for junction/relay boxes

You haven't received any responses to this yet so I thought I'd throw in my two cents.

When I was confronted with the a similar problem with my Suburban, I found what I needed at WayTekWire.com based on watching the Mike Finnegan videos on YouTube. Here is a link to all of the power distribution blocks they sell https://www.waytekwire.com/products/...s/&pageSize=36, you'll have to figure out which suits your needs.

Myself, all I wanted was a fused higher amp relay to provide key-switched power to a new fuse block I installed in the cab to run stereo, radio, power supplies etc. and I chose the Eaton Bussmann 70a 37702.

The power distribution section has a large number of options, some of which cost hundreds of dollars and appear very similar to OEM boxes found under the hood of many modern vehicles. Perhaps one will suit your needs.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:19 PM   #3
gpgofast

Re: Trying to clean up wiring, need recommendations for junction/relay boxes

For power distribution I scavenged a terminal block and fusible links from cars at Pick 'n Pull. I put in a relay box off of Amazon that I really like. Put in 3 fan relays and a clutch safety switch. Didn't install my fuel pump relay as I didn't want to degrade the factory wiring on this critical component.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

gpgofast is offline   Reply With Quote