The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Tools, Shops and Shop Safety

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 08-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #26
FleetsidePaul
R.I.P. E.S.L.L.

Re: What did you scrimp on for your shop and later wished you wouldnt have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDoc View Post
I bet you don't do much wrenchin' in the lower level....

LockDoc
I try not to drop anything. Doesn't always work.

1970 CST 20

1970 C/30 Flatbed

1983 C/30 Dually

2015 Corvette Z51 2021 Corvette Z51 1991 Cadillac Hearse 1982 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz 2000 Porsche Boxster S 2020 Jeep Gladiator 1973 VW Thing 1973 Plymouth Satellite wagon 1963 Baja Bug 1959 Bug Dune Buggy 1970 Baja Bug 1987 Jaguar XJ 350.

R.I.P. El Jay

R.I.P Jessie.

R.I.P Grumpy.

Every day is a gift from God.
FleetsidePaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:11 PM   #27
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch View Post
We built a nice, big shop for this rich dude over to Park City-underground like that. He had the money to just have us remove the hillside, build the garage, then put the hillside back. He had an on-going battle with the city over him having a helo-port on the roof, so we did a pan deck, like a parking structure. In the end, the city refused to let him land his helicopters in town, so that's when he decided to bury the whole thing. Only thing you can see from the road now are the overhead doors. Fun job. As soon as we started digging we ran into a vein of those quartz crystals. You could pick up a bucketful in 5 minutes. I still have a few of the really nice ones around here somewhere. I haven't thought about that job in a while, thanks for the reminder!
Careful, those crystals are what they power UFO space craft with. You just made yourself a big target.

If you disappear from the site, we will know what happened to you.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #28
davischevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul View Post
I try not to drop anything. Doesn't always work.
If your in there doing business and don't drop something, you better eat more apples.

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #29
pritch

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
Careful, those crystals are what they power UFO space craft with. You just made yourself a big target.

If you disappear from the site, we will know what happened to you.
Come to think of it, I did give a few to Spaceship Rick not to long before he left. Spaceship Rick worked with us for a few years in the back '90's. The Aliens told him how to build a spaceship when they abducted him. They didn't give any plans or anything. They imprinted the design directly to his brain. He could see it, and build it, but they also put in some kind of block so he couldn't really say too much about it. Last we heard, he had it all built and as soon as he could get 300,000 RPM out of the drive system, he was outta here. Sure enough, one day he quit showing up to work so we figured he managed to get the 300K. Musta only been room for one though, 'cause not too long after his preggo girlfriend came around looking for him. I guess it was a secret from her, too.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:56 PM   #30
davischevy

[QUOTE=pritch;8006993 Musta only been room for one though, 'cause not too long after his preggo girlfriend came around looking for him. I guess it was a secret from her, too.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if she had a little alien? Spaceship Jr..

I think Spaceship Rick was here too. In 1995 we had a guy that didn't show up for several days. After a few days he showed up at the office and said the job superintendent had fired him. I told him I guess he was fired then.

The super told me later that he showed up at the job and told quite a tale about being abducted by space travelers. We didn't drug test back then.

I hope CG don't mind us sending his thread into space.

Old 08-04-2017, 01:23 AM   #31
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Don't know, I'm new at this. I can say I'm sorry I did without a $20 air drill so long. An impact wrench is nice too. I have an engine lift and equalizer I haven't used yet. $700 in paint supplies I haven't used yet. Nice floor jack etc. Getting ready to buy a transmission jack, suspension & brake tools, and an engine stand. All I can say is this is a money pit man, but I'm in deep. Unless I move, I may never use this stuff after the rebuild. Until then, I'd rather have them in the garage than not.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details such as OEM identifications& part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:43 PM   #32
pritch

Quote:
Originally Posted by davischevy View Post
I hope CG don't mind us sending his thread into space.
True dat. Sorry, CG

If I woulda had more money at the time, I would have liked to do actual footing and foundation for mine, but all I could afford was a thickend-edge slab. Risky in my climate, but I used enough gravel under it and enough rebar in it so that if it ever does heave (which it hasn't yet in 15 winters) it will all move as one. It hasn't really cracked, either, except at the control joints where I wanted it to.

Still, speaking as someone closing in on 40 years in concrete construction, I wouldn't recommend doing how I did in a freeze & thaw climate.
Ol' Green
pritch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 02:02 AM   #33
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Ha, Ive sent way more than one off the track into the deep crevices below =)