The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-27-2021, 07:15 PM   #151
Chief5940

Re: One Piece at a Time - A True Friend

Thank you, Mike! We are very proud of how it all turned out.

I looked through some of the pictures of yours as well. That wrecked out blue truck is enough to make you want to cry! I can't even imagine.

Les
Chief5940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:07 PM   #152
GSFMECH
On the road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief5940 View Post
Thank you, Mike! We are very proud of how it all turned out.

I looked through some of the pictures of yours as well. That wrecked out blue truck is enough to make you want to cry! I can't even imagine.

Les
Thanks bro, yeah sometimes I wonder if I made the right decision not fixing it but every truck we save and make awesome like yours is the way to go. My old blue cab went to a new project so it lives on.

Castro- 72 SWB. Ochre and White. 496/400 turbo, GV OD ,Dakota Digital dash , tilt, Vintage Air, PS, hydro boost, factory buckets, console, QA-1 Coil over suspension, 20/20"Billet Specialties Magnetos

72 SWB. Med blue. 454/400 turbo, tach, tilt, Stock AC, PS,PDB, factory buckets, console, ECE 4/6 drop w/ 2" blocks and C-notch, 20/20"Coys- Crashed and destroyed by drunk driver Sept 2019. New 72 build in the works.

My new build thread "Castro"
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=820934

My old build thread, the blue truck
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=271489

www.louisianaclassictruckclub.com
GSFMECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:33 AM   #153
72Teeroy

Beautiful truck and very nice work hopefully I will run into you guys one day being from Texas.
72Teeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 08:41 AM   #154
spoon3210

Quote:
Three random things -
1. The trigemini switch controls the radiator fans. One fan comes on when the engine reaches a set temperature. The 2nd fan comes on just a couple of degrees after that, to keep them both from coming on at the exact same time. The third leg of the switch tells them to both come on anytime the A/C comes on.

2. The fuse block is mounted up under the dash, but the main power disconnect is mounted to the inside of the passenger's fender. The whole thing is clean and everything is easily accessible.

3. The pump for the windshield washing fluid was weak, so Ron found a super-charged one! Now we can spray water over the cab. Our last step was to squeeze down the two tubes the windshield washer fluid comes out of so we can actually get it to hit the windshield.
Les, You said "Trigimini switch" That's paramedic stuff. It's a "trianary switch" Haha
spoon3210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 09:58 AM   #155
88Stanger

Quote:
Three random things -
1. The trigemini switch controls the radiator fans. One fan comes on when the engine reaches a set temperature. The 2nd fan comes on just a couple of degrees after that, to keep them both from coming on at the exact same time. The third leg of the switch tells them to both come on anytime the A/C comes on.

2. The fuse block is mounted up under the dash, but the main power disconnect is mounted to the inside of the passenger's fender. The whole thing is clean and everything is easily accessible.

3. The pump for the windshield washing fluid was weak, so Ron found a super-charged one! Now we can spray water over the cab. Our last step was to squeeze down the two tubes the windshield washer fluid comes out of so we can actually get it to hit the windshield.
May i ask for some clarity on the fan control switch. I tried to look this up, but could not get any real info on it. I am interested in doing this exact same thing.
Thanks
BEAUTIFUL TRUCK!!!! love the color combo!!
John 3:16 - Saved me... God Bless
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote