The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2020, 09:44 PM   #1
LS short box

681968 C10 LS swap first time on the drag strip

So here is the deal. MN street rod association puts on "The super secret fun run" at the drag strip in Brainerd MN in a couple of weeks from now. I am a member and as member I can run my truck on both the road course and the drag strip as long a it passes tech which should be no problem. The road course will just be a cruise.
So I've never done a proper 1/4" mile pass. Plenty of short burns but nothing against the lights.
So my setup is a LS1/4L60e that makes 380 rwhp that will light them up thru second gear into third. 3000 stall converter. 285 wide tires at the back. Rev limiter is set at 6500. Trans is set to shift at full throttle at 6000 rpm so I don't come up against the rev limiter.
Any tips on leaving the line without just spinning? I watch some of the car shows and they say "pedal it out of the box"? Is the start line of the drag strip much more sticky than the typical tar road.
Any tips will be helpful.
LS short box is offline   Reply With Quote