The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 07-03-2010, 10:10 PM   #51
JRBECK64

Re: My Oldest Sons Frankentruck Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixnay View Post
"God must have been smiling on us yesterday" God must drive a C10.

Now that you've got the painting down, I'm just down in Beaverton during the day . . .

My 68 just had 71 knuckles put on the front. At this point, it's still mostly 68, I believe.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=351356

BTW, the paint--it's beyooteafull.

MJH
Thanks for the Compliment. So is your truck in the middle of a resto or is it done and your upgrading it?

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:19 PM   #52
Shyguy

It has been a while since I checked your thread. It sure looks like you all are making good progess.
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #53
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyguy View Post
It has been a while since I checked your thread. It sure looks like you all are making good progess.
Shyguy,
Thanks for the compliment and I cant wait to be done with this one. We went a little deaper than we wanted to but it should last a long time for my Son if he takes care of it. I have made him get heavily involved in restoring this thing so I think he should take some Pride of Ownership when its all done. I think he's ready for it to be done as well. So have you been working on your trucks? I have been so busy putting this one together I hardly get a chance to get on the website and see what everyone is up to.

JRBECK64
Old 07-03-2010, 10:39 PM   #54
Shyguy

Not a lot of work on either of my trucks lately. Growing season here on the farm is keeping me pretty busy.

I have been helping my son work on his '72 when I have free time.

I have two grandsons that turned 16 earlier this year. Their father helped them build their first vehicles. I think it took a couple of years, one has a '70 C-10 and the other a '73 Malibu.

Both of my grandsons did a great amount of work including rebuilding the engines with the guidance of their father.

Their mother helped with the sanding and body work.

I think a family project is great.
'92 GMC K-3500 Duallie, 454/4L80E.
Shyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:31 PM   #55
ixnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRBECK64 View Post
Thanks for the Compliment. So is your truck in the middle of a resto or is it done and your upgrading it?

JRBECK64
Middlle of the restoration. Plus, we're blowing out the corner of our house and doing a complete kitchen remodel. Something to have as a response to "you spend too much on that pickup." So things are going s-l-o-w-l-y. Of course, we needed the pickup for the ovens, the fridge, the stove, the wood, the tile, etc. etc.

Maybe someday I'll make the rig as exquisitely fine as yours, but at this point, it's for hauling dirt, deer, and dogs.

MJH
ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:19 AM   #56
JRBECK64

Quote:
Middlle of the restoration. Plus, we're blowing out the corner of our house and doing a complete kitchen remodel. Something to have as a response to "you spend too much on that pickup." So things are going s-l-o-w-l-y. Of course, we needed the pickup for the ovens, the fridge, the stove, the wood, the tile, etc. etc.

Maybe someday I'll make the rig as exquisitely fine as yours, but at this point, it's for hauling dirt, deer, and dogs.

MJH
ixnay,
you know i have often asked myself what good an old pickup is if your afraid to scratch it or put something in it because you might scratch the bed. I look at it this way in a couple of years the new will wear off and then my Sons probably wont be as afraid to use them for there intended purposes. This has for me been more about spending the time teaching my Sons and just the great times we have out in the shop restoring these old trucks. Its also a sickness as my Wife has told me but there are worse sicknesses like going to the Bar. Good Luck with your Truck and Kitchen Resto.

JRBECK64
Old 07-06-2010, 03:23 AM   #57
JRBECK64

We installed the Engine and Tranny and my Wife put the letters on the tailgate. Here are a few pictures of both.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #58
JRBECK64

We put a few more things on the engine. Carb, Water pump, Exhaust Manifolds, Drive Shaft, Shift Linkage, Fuel Pump. We also put the Core Support on today. Here are a few pics of the Progress,
JRBECK64

Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #59
67cheby
67cheby

looks sweet.. tailgate looks killer, i cant decide what color of letters to do on my truck it will be all silver with red interior, i thought about doing them red but i cant decide if i think i would look cheesy red ??
67cheby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:01 AM   #60
ixnay

I've said it before, but that rig is just a pure beauty. Love the tailgate. Your wife does fine work.

MJH
Old 07-08-2010, 12:41 PM   #61
VA72C10
VA72C10

very nice!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #62
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cheby View Post
looks sweet.. tailgate looks killer, i cant decide what color of letters to do on my truck it will be all silver with red interior, i thought about doing them red but i cant decide if i think i would look cheesy red ??
67cheby,
If you like it thats all that matters. If the truck is going to be yours then I wouldn't care if anyone else liked it or not. Now if your building it to sell it that would be a hole different subject. Look Forward to seeing your truck in the future. Thanks for the Compliment.

JRBECK64
Old 07-08-2010, 03:40 PM   #63
JRBECK64

Quote:
I've said it before, but that rig is just a pure beauty. Love the tailgate. Your wife does fine work.

MJH
ixnay,
My Wife says thanks for the compliment. Me and My Sons thank you for the compliment and its been a lot of work and patients. For me its just been great working with my Sons to build first the 64 Shortwide and now the 69 Longfleet.

JRBECK64
Old 07-08-2010, 03:46 PM   #64
marks1972

nice tailgate. makesure its locked on if you ever come down this way. or it might have some suttle difrences when you go home. like a slightly difrent shade of black (silver met insted of gold) the chevrolet molding vice letering etc etc. lol

anyway looks great cant wait to see it together.
IF SHE WHOULD HAVE KEEPT THE SHIRT ON THEY WOULDNT HAVE BROKEN UP THANKS ADAM SANDLER
U. S. Navy Seabee
"CAN DO", "The difficult we do at once. The impossible may take a little bit longer.","We Build We Fight", "Work Hard Play Hard"
marks1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #65
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks1972 View Post
nice tailgate. makesure its locked on if you ever come down this way. or it might have some suttle difrences when you go home. like a slightly difrent shade of black (silver met insted of gold) the chevrolet molding vice letering etc etc. lol

anyway looks great cant wait to see it together.
marks1972,
I always appreciate help but im not sure about that kind of help!!! LOL Im probably going to start my next project as soon as this one is out the door. My next project is a 1967 Short Fleet and I think I am going to use the same color scheme except I am going to use a dark Metalic Blue instead of Black on the next one. I really like the Silver on this one but im not sure the guy that made it will be able to simulate the same Gold Pearl he put in this one. He sat there and shook the Pearl bottle it seemed like forever. Maybe he has a calibrated shaker or something because he has been mixing paint for 25 years. Thanks for the compliment. Im with you on the cant wait to see this thing done, seems like we been working on this thing forever and its only been a few months.

JRBECK64
Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 PM   #66
JRBECK64

We put the Carpet kit in today along with the seat. That was before lunch and after lunch we put the New Wheels and tires on it. This thing is fairly tall. The tires we had on it for the bodywork and paint were 26 inches and now it has 33's on it. We decided today to put Power Steering on it so we decided not to hang the front sheet metal until we get that installed. The bed wood is coming next week so hopefully by the end of next week we will have this thing fairly put back together. I got a new One Wire Alternator and a billet mounting braket from Summit Racing so that will go on also. The new high torque start also came in and I need to install it. Looks like a Busy Weekend For the Boys. Here are a few pics of the progress.

JRBECK64

Old 07-09-2010, 10:22 PM   #67
Redneck72

First of all I have to say...WOW!!!! That looks absolutely awesome. I am a big fan of older Chevy trucks. Originally the 78-87 but then I have been watching a 67 on craigs list drop in price and I might look into gettin it. I have no experience so bear with me. My question is I see you have put the engine in already, So you can actually put the panels on after the engine is installed? Lets start my education here.

Paul
Redneck72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #68
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck72 View Post
First of all I have to say...WOW!!!! That looks absolutely awesome. I am a big fan of older Chevy trucks. Originally the 78-87 but then I have been watching a 67 on craigs list drop in price and I might look into gettin it. I have no experience so bear with me. My question is I see you have put the engine in already, So you can actually put the panels on after the engine is installed? Lets start my education here.

Paul
First off welcome to 67-72. I have a 67 Short Fleet thats going to be my next build so your in good company. The main reason I wanted to put the engine in before I put all the inner fenders and outers on is because I have a ton of money in the paint and all it takes is one OH CRAP to ruin a paint job. To answer your question yes you can put the fenders on after the engine is installed. There is a ton of room under these hoods so its not hard to do at all. Look forward to seeing you in a 67 and dont ever hesitate to ask me a question. Again Welcome.

JRBECK64
Old 07-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #69
JRBECK64

We put the bed on today along with the bumper. I installed the striker plates and got the doors shut pretty good. Ran into one problem, the drivers side door is sticking shut so we have to figure out what the problem is. I figure my Son will get really sick of getting out the passenger side so we have to fix it. I installed the Alternator along with the new Summit Racing Billet mounting braket and that thing is easy to install and looks a lot better than the original mounting brakets. I buffed out the hood with the third stage of compound and maybe I shouldn't have because now I think I am going to buff out the rest of the black on the truck with it because it looks better (DANGIT). Here are some pictures of the progress we made today.

JRBECK64

Old 07-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #70
70-Chevy
-Chris

Truck looks awesome guys. I really like the bench seat.
70-Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #71
Redneck72

Can't wait to see that front end go on. That truck looks awesome.
Redneck72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:25 AM   #72
67chevy1series

x2
67chevy1series is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:31 AM   #73
RossRinSD

That truck looks awesome. Takes a man with brass balls to paint over his own body work with black paint.

My truck isn't nearly as straight as yours

But, I just love that black and grey... or silver in your case. Two guys asked me if I was a Raider's fan... WTF? I added the red pinstripe to break it up and sort of give it the Mr Goodwrench colors.
RossRinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #74
JRBECK64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossRinSD View Post
That truck looks awesome. Takes a man with brass balls to paint over his own body work with black paint.

My truck isn't nearly as straight as yours

But, I just love that black and grey... or silver in your case. Two guys asked me if I was a Raider's fan... WTF? I added the red pinstripe to break it up and sort of give it the Mr Goodwrench colors.
RossRinSD,
Ill never accuse you of being a Raiders Fan and I hope no-one will accuse me of the same. I just cant see driving around in a Green and Yellow truck (Green Bay Fan Myself). About the Brass Balls, I didn't sleep for probably two weeks before I shot this thing and found myself out in the garage at 3AM with my longboard going over panels just to make sure they were as flat as I could get them. Trust me there are parts of this truck I wish I could do over. I have so much money into this thing that my Wife is about to kill me so no do overs for this truck. That red pinstripe is so subtle that I didn't notice it till you pointed it out. That truck looks really strait or should I say a lot straiter than my Sons truck when we started out. Anyway thanks for the compliment.

JRBECK64
Old 07-14-2010, 01:13 PM   #75
ixnay

Who did your bench seat? Now your son's rig is not only beautiful, it's classy and beautiful. Were I looking at it, it would rust because I'd be salivating all over it. With this resto, you could start a wholesale return to 67-72 rigs. Too bad Detroit can't/won't retool to start production again.

Meanwhile, before your fine-painting wife decides to kill you, let her know that my wife's kitchen remodel is now at $44,000 and we're not half done. I'm sending $21K out the door this weekend. Pick-ups are cheap. I think I could order that bench seat of yours without any comments.

Last edited by ixnay; 07-14-2010 at 01:14 PM.