The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2023, 11:00 PM   #30
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

Well I finally have taken some time to update. The build has been a hi/low venture. Unfortunately, I have had another engine setback, not of any of my doing. I guess no one was aware of the DOD and nonDOD versions of the gen IV engines (’07-’14 years). So, I am unfortunately having to get another engine. I am currently in the rebuilding stage for the 3rd engine, yes, I am typing correctly. This time I took it to a shop that has expeiences with this in LS swaps and they are aware of what needs to be done. They have pulled, are rebuilding, and then will reinstall the engine back to turn key status. This was a VERY HARD pill to swallow. Lessons learned, I guess. Anyways I have recleaned the engine bay and came up with a better computer mount plate while the truck has been sitting in my garage. I also redid the fuel tank venting so to go to the OG charcoal canister at the front and ran some lines to help hopefully help the emissions equipment passing. I really don’t have any pics as it has already been documented in previous posts.
Thanks for joining in the build hopefully it has benefited some…
rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote