The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #1
Libertad
No Nonsense

75' Daily Driver Budget Makeover AKA "Midnight"

Well I was looking for a 75' or older C10 as a second vehicle to my motorcycle. Whatever I found had to be running fairly good so I could drive it daily if need be. With 5 kids, a wife and a mortgage my budget was not too high. So I looked on CL in Sept of this year and found this 1975 C10 LB. They were asking $1100 for it and a week later the price dropped to $750. So I called him up and asked if he would be willing to trade for a $300 bass guitar and $350 amp. He said bring it buy and we made the deal. Tags current til next year. It didn't have a driver side window or a wiper motor.

Here is how it looked when I brought it home and how it sits now a month later:

before

after

before

after

before

after

before

after

I put some new tires (goodyear) and had a complete break job (new rotors and drums) done on it cost $1000. Went to the junk yard and found a wiper motor, dash bevel, rear window latch w brackets and a cup holder all for $40 bucks.

I will be adding some budget sounds (pioneer 6x9's and a stereo), a new carpet kit (grey) and have the seat upholstered (gray). I am looking for some Chevy center caps for my stock OEM rims.

Just a cheap makeover on a daily driver.

Last edited by Libertad; 11-28-2009 at 07:02 AM.
Libertad is offline   Reply With Quote