The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 05-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #26
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: I got another one

More details today and even more tomorrow and later on in the week a big detail is coming.

Took the steering wheel a part and buffed it and repainted it and did the horn cap as well. Then cleared it.

I also got the extra solenoid working like I wanted. It took 3 of them before I got a good one. Now everything turns ON/OFF with the key switch. Lights in the dash are all the same color now as well. Working on the gear shifter now making it look a bit better I hope when done.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:55 PM   #27
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: I got another one

Guy called me today wanting me to look at his cart. We got to talking about his problem and I sold him my controller out of little RED. I had ordered a new one this past week to go to 48 volts in it. Tracking shows it here tomorrow! Talk about good timing!

I got the gear shifter knob done today and took the old controller out also so he can pick it up tomorrow. Got my brakes working much better now and the hill brake even works. They had the cables way to tight under the cart.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:43 PM   #28
Andy4639
Old member

OK, I got the Alltrax 12-48 volt 400amp controller installed. I also went ahead and mounted the 200amp 48 volt solenoid but until I do the 48 volt batteries I'm still using the 36 volt solenoids. I made a bracket for the controller to sit flat and it's much easier to wire it. It will get plenty of cool air when moving also.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-05-2020, 07:04 PM   #29
Andy4639
Old member

I went out and fixed the tilt front end. The side panels had just been flopping when you open it. Not anymore. I cut the unused brackets off and re drilled them and made them angle up to the panels. Works great. Much more stable. I also added some screen porch screen to the backside of the grille to keep bugs out of the controller fan.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-05-2020, 07:30 PM   #30
Boog
laying low

Re: I got another one

Andy I've been wondering if that body is one made just for golf carts or if it is actually one of those dwarf race car bodies that I think originated over in yall's part of the country.
91 Chevy sportside, Tahoe, Yukon & GMC Crewcab All GM..'nuff said.

I stand for the flag and kneel at the cross
Boog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:14 PM   #31
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boog View Post
Andy I've been wondering if that body is one made just for golf carts or if it is actually one of those dwarf race car bodies that I think originated over in yall's part of the country.

Best I can tell it's a Legends body that whoever done it knew how to work metal and fiberglass. I had tried finding a body but never could find one I could afford. I bought this whole cart cheaper than just a body. Plus it was already painted.

Legends car racing is a style of auto racing designed primarily to promote exciting racing and to keep costs down. The race car bodyshells are 5/8-scale replicas of American automobiles from the 1930s and 1940s, powered by a Yamaha motorcycle engine. The worldwide sanctioning body for legends car racing is INEX.
Legends cars are a "spec" series, meaning all cars are mechanically identical, with the exception of three styles of car (standard coupe, 34 coupe, and sedan) available with 10 types of body styles. (New cars are currently offered with seven body styles, however many used cars exist with the "older" styles).

History[edit]
In 1992, Charlotte Motor Speedway (formerly Lowe's Motor Speedway) officials noticed a need for lower cost racing cars with little maintenance time and cost. They found such a car existed, in the guise of the motorcycle-engined dwarf car, a 5/8-scale, steel-bodied and fenderless '35 Ford coupe, which was being manufactured by the Dwarf Car Company in Phoenix, Arizona. As the coupe concept was not exactly in line in what they were looking for, and deeming steel replacement bodywork too costly, they adapted the dwarf car concept to fit their needs, creating cars resembling those of the '30s and '40s which competed in the early NASCAR modified tour races. To this day, the primary difference between the two cars is the legends have fenders over the tires, whereas the dwarfs have no fenders. The first legends car was unveiled in April 1992 at Lowe's by track president and general manager Humpy Wheeler and road racer Elliott Forbes-Robinson. Legends cars are produced by US Legend Cars International (formerly 600 Racing, Inc.) in Harrisburg, North Carolina. They are the largest mass producer of race cars in the world.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-05-2020, 10:12 PM   #32
Boog
laying low

Thank you. I didn't know there was a difference.

Old 05-06-2020, 07:17 AM   #33
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Thank you. I didn't know there was a difference.
I didn't either until I read your post and looked them up!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-08-2020, 09:13 PM   #34
Andy4639
Old member

Little red goes to the beach!

It also went 48 volts before it went to the beach.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-20-2020, 08:48 PM   #35
Andy4639
Old member

Little Red & I are back in Liberty for a few weeks. Having a pool liner installed here so I had to come back to drain,paint and prep the pool.

I also got some goodies for the cart to install. 3rd brake light, brake light switch and 48 volt to 12 volt reducer for all the accesaries.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #36
Andy4639
Old member

I got the 3rd brake light wired up with the new mini motor cycle switch. Works great. The light sure is bright on 16 volts you can't even see the GPS speedometer antenna I mounted above it when it's on.
I feel better with it when on the main road @ the beach coming to a stop with cars behind me.
I also ordered a D&D high speed motor today. Should have it next week I hope.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-25-2020, 10:46 PM   #37
Andy4639
Old member

New reducer installed for all the 12 volt stuff which cuts on/off with the key. GPS antenna also installed.
New D&D high speed motor was ordered Friday should be here this week some time.
According to Vick @ D&D it should do close to 30 MPH!
Right now it does 18MPH.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-27-2020, 01:44 PM   #38
Andy4639
Old member

Exclamation Re: I got another one

Was out in the garage waiting on the high speed motor to come and got started messing with the cart. I pulled the old motor out and cleaned the splines good & lubed it up for the new motor. I had these old SS emblems off the 64 SS Impala and installed them. Came inside to check status of the motor and now it's showing tomorrow!
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-28-2020, 05:27 PM   #39
Andy4639
Old member

Little RED got some new BLUE today!
New D&D high speed motor installed. Should get close to 30MPH out of it.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 05-30-2020, 08:45 AM   #40
Axle

This thing keeps getting better and better.
Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:40 PM   #41
Andy4639
Old member

Well yesterday late it cleared off so I took it for a spin. I wasn't very happy at all. It ran 22MPH not what I wanted to see at all.
So l took a chance and messaged Vic @ D&D motor's to see what he thought.

He told me to hook up my volt meter to the motor and see if I was getting full voltage to it. Huh I've never herd of doing this so I followed his instructions and sure enough it was only getting 27 volt to the motor out of 50. I have been working on golf carts for near 30 years and never herd of doing this, I learned a new trouble shooting technic today.
So we talked and I got to looking and testing stuff. I found that my throttle cable wasn't near tight enough to pull the throttle to wide open so it wasn't getting enough voltage. I did some tweaking to the cable and linkage and I'm right @ 30MPH now. I think it has even more but my road isn't long enough to get full speed before it hits the hill and then the stop sign. So next week while at the beach I will do some more testing and tweaking to it and get the max out of it.
I'm happy with the speed but as all of us know you never have enough!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 06-01-2020, 11:53 AM   #42
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

How's it handle at 30mph?

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 01:22 PM   #43
Axle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Attached Images

Axle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 04:52 PM   #44
Andy4639
Old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
The cart sit's so low to the ground you can take a turn at speed. It's very tight for it being 30+ years old steering setup. I replaced a few parts after getting it though but later on I plan to do the R&P swap to a later model steering plus maybe add a cheap tilt column to it.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 06-01-2020, 07:57 PM   #45
Ol Blue K20
Proprietor of Dale's Corner

Sounds like all is good

Dale
XNGH ECV Sam Brannan 1004

R.I.P. 67ChevyRedneck
R.I.P. Grumpy Old Man
Ol Blue K20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #46
Andy4639
Old member

Well I ordered a 48 volt charger off E Bay. It got here today but it's not 48 volts. They sent me a 72 volt charger instead. So I called them and told them what they sent me. He apologized and said he would get the 48 out today and have it sent to the beach house.
So I asked what he wanted to do with the other charger and he said keep it have a nice day.
So I got a $300.00 charger for free! Can't beat that.
First picture is what they sent, second & third is what I ordered.

Well it's ready to head back to the beach again.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 10-06-2020, 06:49 PM   #47
Andy4639
Old member

This cart has been through it this summer. I lady ran into it back in August and I had $2400.00 worth of damage to it. I just got it back on the ground today on all 4 wheels.
Broken:
head & tail lights
Front axle bent
front frame rail broke
both rear fenders broke loose from body
front end sheet metal rebets ripped out of fiberglass.
Had to paint the whole cart.
Fiberglass work and paint job was $1800.00 the rest was buying new parts for it.
Last picture was the night I got it back from painter.
She has only paid me $500.00 so far. I be surprised if I get anymore out of her.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 10-06-2020, 07:23 PM   #48
Boog
laying low

That's a shame Andy. Did you get a police report? That saved me one time. I had an attorney file some form that said basically the other driver's license would be suspended until the whole debt was paid in full.

Old 10-06-2020, 07:59 PM   #49
Andy4639
Old member

Red face Re: I got another one

Quote:
That's a shame Andy. Did you get a police report? That saved me one time. I had an attorney file some form that said basically the other driver's license would be suspended until the whole debt was paid in full.
No I didn't. I guess I should have!
I have the text messages where she admits it was her fault and that she would pay for it in full. She did send me $500.00 already but that was over a month ago. I haven't gotten nothing since.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club

Old 10-10-2020, 08:21 PM   #50
Andy4639
Old member

She be smokin'!
She has a thing for the little red coupe.
Attached Images

Upstate SC GM Truck Club