The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Old 01-03-2021, 10:10 AM   #1
ChevyRacefan

Re: I give up on shipping anything USPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
if the USPS would hire someone who knew how to do routes they could probably get rid of a large portion of the workers or at least deliver on time. When I was at my last job location we had 3 different mail trucks every single day and only one delivered to us. Our route guy said one only delivered to the bulk units like trailer park/ strip malls and the other one delivered to county addresses,we were city but the other side of the street was county. Made zero sense to me but it is the gubbamint. I can kinda understand the dedicated park/ mall unit but absolutely no reason for 2 residential trucks on same street.
It isn't just usps.
We get early am ups delivery, The same truck has other packages for us, but are standard delivery, So the same driver, a few hours later will come back and deliver those. And yes, we have asked if He had them on the truck all day. and yes he did, but he is to only deliver the early am packages on the 1st run.
Makes no sense , other than if there was a chance he not get all the early am shipments finished before 10 am.
So a few times a week, the ups truck backs up to our dock twice a day, and the rest once a fay.
ChevyRacefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #2
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: I give up on shipping anything USPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
It isn't just usps.
We get early am ups delivery, The same truck has other packages for us, but are standard delivery, So the same driver, a few hours later will come back and deliver those. And yes, we have asked if He had them on the truck all day. and yes he did, but he is to only deliver the early am packages on the 1st run.
Makes no sense , other than if there was a chance he not get all the early am shipments finished before 10 am.
So a few times a week, the ups truck backs up to our dock twice a day, and the rest once a fay.
I must be blessed with a great ups guy. If he has early morning and standard he will give them all to me without me having to ask, but I also have all my packages to be sent ready for him to pick up as well so he only has to stop once a day. I am back in the sticks and try to keep needless trips to a minimum and it seems to work for both of us. A lot of days after giving me my packages he will sit here in the yard and rearrange his whole truck. We talked about it one day and he said guys at the plant load his truck and they just throw it on any which way because he refused to pay them extra to put in on the truck like they get paid to do anyway.
I used to hate FedEx here. You would get a notification that something had been delivered and had to guess where they might have thrown it that day. Never mind the fact it is a business address with a manned office that they could not bother to come inside. My new delivery guy has been great though and will bring stuff in.
Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote